Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emergency Broadband Benefit- Verizon Bait and Switch
RobinAD

I am a grandparent raising my grandchild in a rural area.  The FCC provides a list of companies that help with broadband costs.  Verizon is on that list.  When I went to the Verizon site, there are three areas that you address before you can submit your approved EBB Universal Service Administrative (USAC) number and register your Verizon equipment. Verizon is specific about new customers (which I am) and the process.  I followed that process exactly only to be denied the Verizon credit ($50).

They indicate you have to have an unlimited plan, so I ordered that.  My device is a MiFi jetpack 8800L - one of their preferred devices - so I ordered that in August.  Registered the device and then found out that it wasn't eligible for the EBB credit. Talk about bait and switch...  Every screen I went to was off of the Emergency Broadband Benefit Verizon site.  Mix & Match, which for a new customer you have to have.  THEY recommended the service.  When I called customer service (twice) sat on hold for almost four hours the first time and an hour the second time, I got nothing but the run around.  The first customer rep, Devro, said this was an internal error and they would fix it and call me in 24 to 48 hours.  That was a lie.  I waited until yesterday (a week) to call again and got passed around until a woman named Mi-esha, spoke with her "supervisor" and then informed me that this was only for legacy customers.  Where the heck does it say that on the website?  It doesn't.  So, on a fixed income, I am stuck with a $98 unlimited mifi bill from Verizon because they lie.  Their is nothing but deceit in the website. 

I am filing a complaint (with documentation) with the FCC.  Anyone else who is suckered by the site should do so as well.  

0 Likes
Re: Emergency Broadband Benefit- Verizon Bait and Switch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Getting the benefits you need is priority. I want to make sure that you get the help that you need & will point you in the right direction. We do not have access to work on EBB accounts here in social media.

I am sending you a link to our EBB Program FAQ page, which details how the program works, how you qualify, and more: https://www.verizon.com/home/promo/emergency-broadband-benefit/ 

The information you need is towards the bottom half of the page. Once you have taken some time to review the details, please call 800.922.0204 for assistance with your EBB application.

-Gina

0 Likes
RobinAD

I have already followed those instructions and made the phone calls. My original post remains as written.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate you following the instructions. We'd like to access your account to further assist you with your concern. We've sent you a private message for assistance. Thank you! ~Christian

0 Likes