Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Employer Discount
Looking2Switch

I have the old GUDP and was receiving a 17% employer discount on the $39.99 access feature as well as a 17% discount on the $49.99 data feature.  That all ended back in April and I have called Verizon every month since and finally received an answer that my plan is not eligible for an employer discount.  Is anyone out there still receiving an employer discount with the GUDP?  Can anyone confirm the answer I was given as accurate or is it another attempt by Verizon to push people off of this plan?  It will raise my bill by $16.44 every month.  Maybe it's time to look at AT&T's Unlimited Elite plan.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Employer Discount
Benitez147
Novice

@Looking2Switch wrote:

I would rather not switch, but if I don't get this straightened out Verizon will leave me no choice.  My bill will be $111.35 without my employer discount, that is too much for one line.  My data usage goes beyond what any of Verizon's new plans offer, so switching to them doesn't work either.

That is a lot of money for one line. I pay $107.96 for two lines with my 550 loyalty nationwide plan, 500 text with unlimited in network messages, and true unlimited data. Everywhere else I look, the plans are more expensive and their networks are not up to par with Verizon. I understand your reasoning. If you are going to leave, I would get a trial of another network for 10 days to see if it runs well where you are. If everything is good then dump Verizon. I tried out TMo blow for another separate account and their network would work in places and other places not. Keep us posted on why Verizon removed your employer discount from your account. Your account was targeted for some reason. Good luck with your decision.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Looking2Switch, we don't want to lose you over this discount concern. So we can help verify the discount details what employer are you referencing please?

- Alan

0 Likes
Looking2Switch

I'm not putting my employer name out there for everyone, it's none of their business. However I will give you the email response that I received.

*Your Verizon Wireless account has been updated to reflect your current employment status for the mobile telephone number listed on account number _____________.  Although you're eligible to receive a discount, our records indicate that the plan or data feature on your account does not qualify for a discount.  Unless otherwise noted, discounts apply to plan monthly access fees of $34.99 or higher and data features of $24.99 or higher when added to a plan of $34.99 or higher.  On plans with separate account and line fees, discounts apply only to the account monthly access fees.  Prepaid, Verizon Plan Unlimited, already discounted, data only and promotional plans are not eligible for discounts through this program.*

Nationwide 450 Plan $39.99,  Unlimited Text $10.00,  Unlimited Data $49.99

0 Likes
Benitez147
Novice

Hello,

I can confirm that I am still receiving my 22% discount for my nationwide 550 plan $40.00 -$11.00, and also on my GUDP $49.99 -$11.00. Not sure if you didn't resubmit for verification as Verizon tends to do that from time to time. Don't let Verizon stick it to you, it should be other way around. 

0 Likes
Benitez147
Novice

@Looking2Switch wrote:

I'm not putting my employer name out there for everyone, it's none of their business. However I will give you the email response that I received.

*Your Verizon Wireless account has been updated to reflect your current employment status for the mobile telephone number listed on account number _____________.  Although you're eligible to receive a discount, our records indicate that the plan or data feature on your account does not qualify for a discount.  Unless otherwise noted, discounts apply to plan monthly access fees of $34.99 or higher and data features of $24.99 or higher when added to a plan of $34.99 or higher.  On plans with separate account and line fees, discounts apply only to the account monthly access fees.  Prepaid, Verizon Plan Unlimited, already discounted, data only and promotional plans are not eligible for discounts through this program.*

Nationwide 450 Plan $39.99,  Unlimited Text $10.00,  Unlimited Data $49.99

Hello,

I can confirm that I am still receiving my 22% discount for my nationwide 550 plan $40.00 -$11.00, and also on my GUDP $49.99 -$11.00. Not sure if you didn't resubmit for verification as Verizon tends to do that from time to time. Don't let Verizon stick it to you, it should be other way around. 

0 Likes
Looking2Switch

Thanks Benitez147, I appreciate the feedback.  I had a feeling it's just Verizon trying to push me off of this plan.  Hopefully I can get it resolved.  If not AT&T stopped throttling it's Unlimited Elite plan, so I can get truly unlimited data from them cheaper.

0 Likes
Benitez147
Novice

@Looking2Switch wrote:

Thanks Benitez147, I appreciate the feedback.  I had a feeling it's just Verizon trying to push me off of this plan.  Hopefully I can get it resolved.  If not AT&T stopped throttling it's Unlimited Elite plan, so I can get truly unlimited data from them cheaper.

You're welcome.

You might want to take a second look at the fine print for AT & T unlimited elite plan:

" Data restrictions: 2G off-net data speeds may apply. After 100GB of data usage on a line in a bill period, for the remainder of the period, AT&T may slow data speeds on that line when the network is busy.  All AT&T service is subject to AT&T network management policies."

AT & T is known for lying to consumers and they even got fined by the FCC for throttling their grandfathered unlimited data users awhile back. If I was you, I would hold onto this GUDP and wait until 5G UW is the "norm" and they allow all unlimited data plans to have it as Verizon expand their network. I like having my unlimited data unthrottled and I predicted that it would come in handy when 4K started rolling around and now data is king. 

0 Likes
Looking2Switch

I would rather not switch, but if I don't get this straightened out Verizon will leave me no choice.  My bill will be $111.35 without my employer discount, that is too much for one line.  My data usage goes beyond what any of Verizon's new plans offer, so switching to them doesn't work either.

0 Likes
Benitez147
Novice

@Looking2Switch wrote:

That is a lot of money for one line. I pay $107.96 for two lines with my 550 loyalty nationwide plan, 500 text with unlimited in network messages, and true unlimited data. Everywhere else I look, the plans are more expensive and their networks are not up to par with Verizon. I understand your reasoning. If you are going to leave, I would get a trial of another network for 10 days to see if it runs well where you are. If everything is good then dump Verizon. I tried out TMo blow for another separate account and their network would work in places and other places not. Keep us posted on why Verizon removed your employer discount from your account. Your account was targeted for some reason. Good luck with your decision.

0 Likes