Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Escalations Department for Trade In
jag626

I moved over to Verizon after 8 years with Sprint and am severely dissapointed in the lack of professionalism and timeliness in resolving my issue. I've been attempting to resolve an issue with my trade-in for 5 billing cylcles now with no success. 

Back in April I went into a Verizon store to switch from Sprint to Verizon. The salesperson advertised to me a promotional trade-in for my iphone 7, however she sold me the wrong phone for the promotion. Also note, that I was not incredibly interested in the trade-in as my iphone 7 perfectly suited my needs at the time and I didn't go into the store looking to upgrade. Because of this mistake on her part, I had to return to the store to get the correct device for the promotion so that I could receive the correct trade-in value for my device. However, little did I know that this would cause months of my time in managing her mistake in order to actually receive the credit that was advertised to me. 

Since then, I have reached out to customer service several times and have to start from the beginning each and every time and am incredibly frustrated. I feel as if I was taken advantage of as a customer and bait and switched in the store. I need this issue resolved asap by someone who can investigate and follow up on the request. I do not want to start over each time I reach out to support and be asked the same series of quesitons by representatives who are too busy to investigate my case with attention to detail. 

Last I knew my case was being handled by someone in the trade-in department but no one reaches out or follows up and I am still being billed an incorrect amount on my account. Please let me know who can address and solve this situation. I was with Sprint for over 8 years and never once had to navigate a billing or technical mishap, unfortunately for Verizon I have spent over 20 hours of time navigating a mistake that wasn't even mine to begin with. 

0 Likes
Re: Escalations Department for Trade In
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jag626,

I'm terribly sorry to hear you've spent so long trying to get this straightened out. Your time is valuable and we want to make sure we can get to the bottom of your concern and make sure you are paying what you should be. I have sent you a private message. Please reply when you can so we can fully assist you.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
jag626

Hi Andrew,

This communication platform is confusing, I tried to respond to the message from my account previously but it didn't work and I sent in a seperate thread. I guess you can't respond directly to messages from your inbox and have to reply to the original thread (suggested edit to the UI!)? Can we please get this billing issue resolved? I was billed incorrectly again. What information do you need to fix it? The number in question on my account ends in 8475 and there are several notes related to this trade-in under that account (including the reference ID that you need to track the trade in).  Is it possible to work through email as to not continue to waste my time? Thanks for understanding. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Andrew, I really want to make sure that we get this situation handled for you. So that we can begin, please send us a Private Message via Facebook. This way we can directly connect with you without having you go through this thread. Please click http://on.fb.me/KdwH96 .

We will be awaiting to start your billing review.

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes
ET0707

I am having a similar problem, I salesman last week sold me a phone because he said my note 8 did not work with Verizon. I bought the phone and hated it I then went to a Corp store and said it just needed to be unlocked, The guy had me up and running my note 8 in 5 minutes. Now they said I have to pay a restocking fee of 50 dollars because of an incompetent sales rep.We are starting out on the wrong foot here.who do I speak to about this issue 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are so sad to learn of your experience, @ET0707 . We always want our customer to be given the correct information at our store locations. 

We have sent you a Private Message, please only respond to that message going forward. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
weanfl77

I am having the same issue with Verizon right now. they are trying to charge me for a trade in that they have. Saying sorry it was sent to us late and all we can do is offer you a $75 credit but you will still be responsible for $200 charge on top of your $200 bill during a pandemic. Sickening to think Verizon is that money hungry to mess over good customers. I'm thinking of going to another provider that can offer better customer service 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello weanfl77, 

I know that getting the promotion that you qualify for is important. I'm here to assist you in any way I can. Because we will need to gather some more information from you, I will also be sending you a Private Note. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
weanfl77

Finally a representative name JosephE contacted me about my trade in issue. He went above and beyond to get my issue resolved. At the end of the day he did what should have been done from the beginning. He was an angel and provided 10 star service. He should receive a raise!!! Kudos to you Joseph E for saving me as a customer.  

0 Likes