Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esr monthly charge
Esrmonthlycharge

I got a notification on my phone that a charge was made today , on my husband line! My husband wasn’t even near his phone that day. I immediately called because we know better and don’t subscribe or pay for things like that. We are 50 years old and have phone service for a long time. We fully understand when we enroll in somethng or how not to. But according to the reps , Verizon has nothing to do with this and it’s a third party charge , and they are insisting we enrolled. When we try to even locate the subscription it cannot be found. Yea his esr is sone sports TV app I guess? We don’t have it, never knew of it and def don’t want it . No one can help!  How is this? None of us got an email or anything and the phone they claim that purchased it got 0 notification ! This is ridiculous no one can help. Now I have to call after next month bill to get refunded 9.99 and they said I can very likely be charged this every month! How can they let this happen   I just switched to Verizon from T-Mobile. Big regret  

0 Likes
Re: Esr monthly charge
acraftylady2

Is it possible he signed up for a free trial of ESR sports and forgot to cancel?

https://us.esrtv.com/?cid=45005&pageid=5835&lang=en

0 Likes
Esrmonthlycharge

Absolutely positively not! No one here has the app, no one here wants it, no one here has ever heard of it. The phone number that claimed to charge it got 0 notifications. There is no email connected 

This happened automatically because  of some setting within Verizon and it’s happened to other people. Check the community forum! 

acraftylady2

What happened when you tried texting stop to the number on their website?  Very weird as in all my years with verizon never been auto signed up for something I didn't ask for.   What did Esr say when you contacted them?  

0 Likes
Esrmonthlycharge

So we used your link and entered phone and said you’ve been unsubscribed. The links Verizon provided took us to our phones apps and we couldn’t view or unsubscribe from  there . I agree never in our life has this happened. And if it was one of my kids phone I’d say it could happen but not my husbands ! We have no other notifications or texts of any confirmation of signing up . I only got a notification that a charge was made! 
thanks for your help! 

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Well Esr is an app that has nothing to do with verizon so very weird.  You can always find contact info for an app developer in the app store in the description for the app.  App store says [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I understand the concern when having a charge you are not aware of. We don't want you regretting joining our family. Please meet me in private note so that I can review your account and better assist. 

-Angie

0 Likes
milo3698

This HACK happened to me when I downloaded a QR code from an MSNBC program advertisement.

This also happened two weeks ago, and I had to replace a credit card. For me, downloading QR codes has become a very big hazard.

I have spent two hours contacting Verizon about this. At first the charge did not show up, and the agent could not do anything.

Then, ESR sent a txt for their customer service to stop the service. Once I put "STOP" service on my phone, they immediately charged Verizon.

So, ESR is becoming more and more sneaky.

I do not EVER watch sports. 

Verizon S*ucks

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is not how we want you to feel about us, milio3698. I'm sorry for the issues with the QR Code, and charges. I'm glad it was cleared up. 

-Vanessa

0 Likes
Esrmonthlycharge

Do you have google phone? My husband does and always has QR issues. I knew that my husband would never download that or purchase it. And when it happen I got the notification and he was doing yard work that entire day so I knew it didn’t hapoen. He has never purchased A thing on his phone doesn’t trust anything from Amazon alexa no less a dumb sports app. If he could still use a flip he would. 

I just can’t believe how much time I’ve spent on this , I’m still trying to get the dumb 9.99 back , they are just making a mockery of  me now they keep me sitting while they “check” then disconnect me. Or until like one of my kids needs dinner…..but I’ll sit here and keep getting money off my bill for wasting my time 
0 Likes