Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Exceeded Max Credit Card Updates
FinLo

I make my prepaid payments online via the credit/debit option. I however do not feel comfortable saving my card information online. Which means that each time I make a payment, I go through the manual process of re-adding my card information, thus updating the status. All of which I'm fine doing over and over again. There are times where I may add funds to my account 2 or 3 times within a month. Obviously this is a problem.

I have made numerous attempts through the prepaid service number: 888-294-6804 . The automated system will not update my debit card information, and will proceed to disconnect the call. After being disconnected I redialed '888-294-6804' to speak with an agent via the "4, 6, 4" menu prompts. Unfortunately immediately after entering my 10 digit mobile number, I was routed directly to the automated payment center. Thus the "4, 6, 4" menu prompts no longer worked, and I was again disconnected by the automated service.  I've repeated this exact process 4 times now. I've even used the "611" option on the mobile device and I'm still unable to add a payment option. I'm hoping someone will be able to provide me with a working solution.

Labels (1)
Re: Exceeded Max Credit Card Updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
You came to the right place for assistance FinLo. Of course we can get you connected to our prepaid dept so you can update your credit card on file. If you can send us a private message then we can gather the info that we need and get this taken care of for you. We're looking forward to your reply.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Alastair13

This is now the second time I've had this similar issue with you guys. I'm trying to add some data to my account but I can't add any funds because I can't change my card on file. I don't have my phone on me to call you guys today but I need some help with this ASAP.

0 Likes
Tablund1

You guys need to fix this issue now my phone has been off all day and I'm about to lose my job because your system kicks out my credit card that has been on for automatic payment since I started service with you and now I can't update it. Nor can I get ahold of anybody via phone or chat on your system. Thanks to your faulty system my phone has been shut off and now I'm about to lose my job so you need to fix this now

Tablund1

This is really ridiculous you guys have had this problem and have known about it but yet you don't do anything to fix it. You got faithful customers that this is causing great distress in their lives. What are you going to do about it and when are you going to fix this

Maeghan21

I'm trying to pay my bill for the first time after purchasing a phone through verizon...and it will not let me pay saying iv exceeded the credit card update....iv never even had it saved...and I tried paying multiple different ways no success

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble, please meet us in a Private note for assistance. -Cecile_VZW

0 Likes