Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Excessive delays for trade in credit
redlinefidelity9

Earlier this year (March) I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy s22 ultra with the incentive of a $800 credit pending the condition of the trade in device...as of May the phone was marked delivered and signed for by a Verizon employee. It is now mid September and I CANNOT for the life of me understand why this is taking so long. The phone was 100% perfect, OEM replacement provided by asurion from a previous replacement claim. What in the H is going on? I've been given the run-around by every single customer service agent except for one whom actually found where my phone was... That was 2 agents ago, I'm just getting the "this is the first time" response from every agent. I reopened a service request this month only to have it marked "resolved." It's NOT resolved!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Excessive delays for trade in credit
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know every penny counts! And we want to make sure you're getting the help you need regarding your trade-in promotion! Please, DM us, so we can help!

*Chance

0 Likes
redlinefidelity9
  • DM sent, however I am on my last thread of patience with Verizon. I'm in the middle of a desert trying to do my "job" while wondering if Verizon is going to continue take advantage of customers...after 6 months my anxiety isn't any less than it was after the first cluster of issues I encountered with Verizon. I want my phone back or the trade in credit as promised. @vzw_customer_support 
0 Likes
VzWUser8

I also had a delay in getting my credit last year and although initially they claimed the phone was never received, I sent them tracking info which clearly showed exactly when the phone was received at their receiving Dock. Now I've heard all sorts of horror stories about how the credit was significantly reduced upon "inspecting" the received devices. I have an open and honest question to Verizon. Are the receiving agents somehow "taught" to discard a certain percentage of the devices received ? It sounds like they are educated on how not to honor the trade in so that the end result is only a small percentage of trade ins are honored. 

Simply put, why isn't what was advertised to begin with honored in good faith ? What exactly is Verizon's intention with this program ? Also precisely which part of this process takes months ? It isn't some rocket science is it ? Is it deliberately delayed just so that trade ins are not given in a timely manner ?

Is it that difficult to make the process seamless ?

Why not just have the customer walk in to a VzW store and the employee there checks the phone then and there and this way the trade in is honored instantly ?

I think from Verizon's point of view delaying the trade in or not honoring it at all with multiple excuses works best for them. Otherwise why would there be so many customer's complaining about this ?

Of course VzW knows about this but that's how the program is designed in the first place with the hope that the trade-IN isn't honored (or excessively delayed) for most customers.

Sad state of affairs.

Unfortunately my experience last year was no different.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi there. I would love the opportunity to review your account, and look into this for you. We do need you to DM or PM us so we can do this.

*Heather

0 Likes