Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exclusive Loyalty Discount
Emilykm79

I received the following text from 900070004425 stating the following:

Verizon Msg: EMILY, great news! As a valued customer, you're eligible for an exclusive loyalty discount of $25/mo. off of your current Unlimited plan (no plan change is required). Just call 800.922.0204 today to get this limited-time offer.

I also keep getting the following message from 900070004297:

Hi, it's Verizon. You're eligible to get iPhone 12 64GB on us, when you add a new phone line on 5G Unlimited plans. Go to m.vzw.com/freeiphone12 or call 800.696.3940. Device payment purchase req d. Add'l terms apply. Limited time offer. Reply 'X' to stop msgs.

are these legitimate offers or scams?

Re: Exclusive Loyalty Discount
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Emilykm79, you can never be too cautious nowadays with texts or emails. Sadly, there is quite a bit of fraud out there. In regard to the messages you are receiving, those look like legit messages from us (Verizon). Our texts do usually come from a long 900 number. You can also view any offers in your My Verizon account. You can also make sure you are logged into your My verizon and you will be able to view offers on devices when you go to view that device on our website:  https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/ (click on upgrade existing line after yo select your device to view offers) 

-Christine

K_10

I got this same message too. The phone # was almost the same, but the last 4 digits were 4554

0 Likes
Wickels

I got a similar message from 900070001731 - but only for $15 off a month. 

0 Likes
Spence30

I recieved the loyalty discount text, dialed *611 and they applied the $25 discount. Make the call!

0 Likes
ro231

I was also skeptical when I received the text message today. I messaged customer service through their chat option and the rep was able to verify the discount is legit and applied it to my account! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

K_10, a savings is something that I am always anxious to take advantage of. We are happy to check any offers currently available to you. Please respond to the private message that has been sent. -Loren

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Everyone loves a discount, Wickels! We have sent you a Private Note to best assist. -Nikki

0 Likes
M626

Yeah, everyone does like discounts, so why are you only giving them to certain people? What is the criteria for this oh-so exclusive discount that none of your CS reps seem to know about?

0 Likes
MartyD1

I received a similar message on 5/25.  Discount was $15/month with no plan change required.  Phone number in the text is legit - 800.922.0204.  I called today (5/30) to get the discount and got bounced around.  Finally, I was told that many accounts eligible for the discount are not showing it.  A rep opened a ticket and said the discount should be reflected on my account in 7-14 days and that I would have to call back then.  No ticket number was provided and it won't show up in the My Verizon app.  I guess I have to have faith in the process. :-0

While I'm grateful for the (potential) discount, the execution was obviously flawed.  And the fact that I don't have a ticket to reference, and that I have to call Verizon to follow up instead of them calling me, is an overall poor customer experience.