Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Extortion with billing extra charges
angeladob

My bill has crept up to $380 a month. One is a Tablet offered for $20, the sales guy said we could text with it and added a line, can't text. It sits in a box unused but now I have a 2-year contract? I don't remember that being explained. I have been unemployed and although they have been somewhat patient about payments the reconnect fees are crazy out of control! $20 for the stupid tablet line that doesn't work. The importance of having a cell phone these days leaves me not many choices but keep paying the extortionist fees. How can I get out of Verizon and find a cell company that doesn't give me the shakedown every month?

Labels (1)
Re: Extortion with billing extra charges
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Angeladob, I am sorry to learn of the situation with the tablet and how you are feeling about Verizon Wireless as a company. We want to turn this around. I have sent you a personal message to further discuss. We want to keep you as a valued Verizon Wireless customer for years to come. Looking forward to your response.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lukevinyl

While I understand where you are coming from and why you would be frustrated, to say that this is extortion is quite an exaggeration.

How is it extortion if you are being charged for something monthly that you have since chosen to not use (not to mention, if you realized it didn't text when you got it and is the reason why you got it-- it could have been returned within 14 days before you were held to the contract)???.... To get the tablet at the discounted (or free) price that you received it at will always require a contract (whether you remember it or not). If this was done at a store location, you would have signed a contract detailing the monthly price for the service and the length that you agreed to continue paying the amount.

With regard to your asking about other wireless providers, all of them will "give you the shakedown" (otherwise known as "hold you to the terms and conditions of the service") whether you have read these details or not.

Always look into the details behind the service before agreeing to any contract or agreement (wireless or otherwise), as it is not the company's fault when you then want to change what was agreed to..... Educate yourself on the return period for any service and-- if it isn't going to work for you, return the equipment within that time period. Otherwise, be prepared to fulfill the terms that you have agreed to.....

0 Likes
kh-taylarie

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes