Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FIOS at newly built home
Ant_1984

My house was built in 2018. The builder had FIOS ran from the main line on the street to the utilities box in my front yard and then up to my house. I have a Verizon box in my yard and a big thick Verizon FIOS cable sticking out of the ground on the side of my house.  When I first moved in I called for installation but the reps state FIOS is not in my area.  I explained that all of my neighbors have it 360 degrees around my house. I explained everything above to the rep and they still insisted that service is not available in my area.  After fighting for a few months I gave up.  Last year I tried again. This time I explained everything again and they tried telling me the same thing. Only this time the rep submitted something and someone from Verizon actually showed up at my house to see what was going on. No one contacted me they just showed up. I spoke to the guy and showed him all the lines. He told me that I was right, service is available in my area and at my address. He said that it wouldn't be a problem to have service connected and that someone would be contacting me soon.  That was over 6 months ago. 

I cant get in touch with anyone local. I am thinking about stopping when I see a Verizon technician and try to get some help from them. This is unacceptable that I cant get service or even a straight answer as to why they cant start my service. 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS at newly built home
Cang_Household

Hello Ant_1984,

This is the Verizon Wireless community. For wireline inquiries, please come to Verizon Fios community at forums.verizon.com . One of our CLs will be happy to help you.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS at newly built home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Ant_1984. I want you to be able to get connected. Our lithium forums are great, but our FiOS agents are not able to respond directly here. Please head to our FiOS support online at Facebook.com/Fios and via Twitter @Verizonsupport. They will be happy to set you up for your FiOS services. Let me know if you have any questions. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes