Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
False advertising promo credit
crhudy87

Reposting in what I was told is the right place.

Long story short - turned in 2 Pixel 3 phones back in June/July for two Samsung S21s, upgraded both lines to unlimited as well so I could qualify for the $800 promo credit each ($33.33 over 24 months.)  After much runaround/chats and calls, they refuse to fix.  I did that order through online chat back in June, they took care of setting it all up.  They are now saying they said their system is showing to give a gift card of $29 for on and $52 for the other Pixel, and they refuse to honor the original deal.  I've seen this in some of the other posts. 

Anyone have any luck or suggestions as to what to do next?  I dislike having to report to the Better Business Bureau or spend the time etc. to go to small claims court for this, but I refuse to let $1,600 just be lost because something was done wrong on their side, and no one at Verizon seems to be able to make this right.   Note the Pixels were still in perfect working conditions, etc.

0 Likes
Re: False advertising promo credit
-Troy-

Don't forget to file a report with the FTC, just found out that there are plenty of us that is getting misled by Verizon's Bait and Switch Tactics.  I am still getting the runaround with their empty promises.  I am giving them one last chance to correct it, if not the FTC needs to look into their business practices.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We deeply apologize for the concern that has come up related to the promotion that you are expecting to receive for trading in your two Google Pixel 3 devices and for changing your plan to an Unlimited plan to qualify for this promotion, crhudy87. We certainly want to help in every way that we can. We have sent you a private message here. Please join us there so that we can assist with your inquiry going forward. Thank you. -Brett

0 Likes
crhudy87

I sent multiple PMs with no response. It is now almost 2 weeks since was advised to PM to get resolution, not counting all the prior months that calls/chats/etc. for transactions that occurred originally in June and July of 2021, produced results.   All I can assume at this point is either no one at the company cares, or this was truly false advertising, etc.  Looks like I will need to hit a few sites and start reporting and or filing since I can't seem to get resolution by calling/ chatting on the verizon site/private messaging and posting here, etc.

Tags (1)
0 Likes