Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
False advertising?
Sat1600

I have been with Verizon for 7 years with 4 unlimited lines.  I think I have had enough.  There are usually no deals for existing customers. This year i got a little excited. I saw this page

https://www.verizon.com/articles/2020-black-friday-cyber-monday-deals/

It says:

If you've been waiting for the right time to make the switch to Verizon, now is the time with this incredible iPhone 12 offer. Switch and get up to $1100 off the latest iPhone. Offer good with select trade-in and Get More Unlimited plan.2 

And for iPhone SE fans, get the 256 GB iPhone SE for as low as $10/mo. with an upgrade and Unlimited plan. 

So I figured finally an upgrade offer. My daughter has been asking for the iPhone SE. So I clicked on the link and sure enough is says new line required. As soon as I sign in the price jumps to $20 a month. Double The price. 

I did a live chat. Spent an hour trying to figure out why verizon won't honor the deal. No luck. They told me to call telesales. Spent another hour getting bounced around. (All while making the gravy and basting the turkey). No luck.

All 4 of our phones are paid off. I can't think of a reason not to go to T- mobile and just get 4 brand new phones for the price of 2

Re: False advertising?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We do understand your frustrations here; however, when we offer these kind of deals, we are doing this at a potential loss. We do offer promotions to existing customers, and I have seen some that have been exciting opportunities. I think you will find that all carriers offer exceptional "too good to be true" promotions to get new customers in the door, but the services they offer do not always meet a customer's needs.

I myself have experienced the same frustrations in the past, but I have chosen to remain with my carrier as the level of service provided exceeds my expectations.

Keep an eye out on your My Verizon app, though. We do release loyalty promotions for customers who have been with us for extended periods of time. - ErichC_VZW

0 Likes
Sat1600

I get that. But if your website says "with an upgrade and Unlimited plan" then you should honor that. That's what it says on the web page. I shouldn't have to spent 2 hours trying to figure out why it's not working. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sat1600, this is never that experience that we want you to have. Please reply to our private note to better assist you.  

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes