Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Family Plan request billed as individual plan
LAReza

In 2016 I made the choice to switch from AT&T to Verizon based on multiple issues with AT&T and a family plan that was being offered by Verizon.  I contacted a Verizon rep by phone and requested the family plan. Went through all of the questions and appeared to have got my family of four setup. We began to enjoy our Verizon experience and eventually received the first bill(s). I payed the bill I received in the mail only to have three more identical bills delivered. My first thought was that Verizon accounting accidentally mailed multiple bills. The proceeding month the same thing happen except this time there was a late charge on my bill. So I called Verizon and was told that my account was current (note I mentioned receiving multiple bills to the rep). The following month received bill with much larger late charge. Thankfully I used one of the other bills (Discovered different account number) when I called Verizon to discuss. It was at this time that i found out that the "Sales person" I setup the family plan submitted my request as individual plans which was higher in monthly cost and because I did not pay on the unknown accounts had stacked up a large Bill/late fee. At first when I attempted to explain this, I was told there was nothing that could be done ( I felt scammed and became angry). I told the rep it was not my fault it was submitted incorrectly, I was told I would have would have to pay the full amount due. So I told them I would pay it but to cancel my account. Of course I was told there would be a penalty fee for leaving a two year contract, but at this point I did not care because this was not right. After a long pause (Put on hold) a different person got on the phone and discussed the issue with me. Eventually they agreed to wave the fee and changed my account(s) to a family plan. I have been with Verizon since then with no issue (Very satisfied with service and price (5 Family members on plan now). However, I recently checked my credit report and found that Verizon has me down as past due for the events described, even though the bill was waived, they still reported to the credit agencies and damaged my credit. My question after this long summary (My apology) is what if anything can I do about this? It is completely unfair, I have yet to miss a payment since I have had this account, but according to my credit report (For that time), I was severely delinquent. Is there anything I can do to have this changed???

0 Likes
Re: Family Plan request billed as individual plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for reaching out to us today. We are sorry to read about what happened with your account when you initially started your service. I too would be concerned and surprised to find a past due amount on my credit report. Let's take a closer look to find out what happened. Please be on the lookout for a Private Message. 

RogelioZ_VZW

0 Likes