Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Family plan: Correct way to divide costs New verizon unlimited data plan
nkam

Im on the New verizon unlimited data plan for family. I know I cant split the bill, but want to correctly tell each family member thier bill portion amount to pay me. Besides thier phone numbers amount, I should also divide the charge of $160 for the plan, right? ($50 for total protection multi device added on top of the $110 for plan)  Also, if thats correct, then are how are extra devices factored into the $160 (for example: tablets, and watches) or is the 160 the standard price for just the phone lines?

0 Likes
Re: Family plan: Correct way to divide costs New verizon unlimited data plan
nkam

?

0 Likes
Tigerstep

There's not really a "correct way", it's up to you. 

Your itemized bill will show each line is $20 + anything extra like a phone payment. Some people split the plan costs and others don't ask members to pay a portion of it since the plan cost doesn't change either way.

0 Likes
nkam

Ok thank you, so the plan cost is the same , whether theres 5 phones and 2 tablets, or if there was only 5 phones? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

nkam, being able to split the bill evenly and fairly can be done by viewing the bottom of the bill. There will be an option that shows the different totals for each line on the bill. JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
nkam

So i should take the plan cost (160) divided by the total number of people, and then add that to each person own phone line charge?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I would consider this to be a fair split. Please submit further inquiries here.

KerryC_VZW

0 Likes