Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FedEx
JustinRA

Verizon,

please please please make an option to pick a different delivery service. FedEx is just so so so horrible. I will pay more to not have to deal with FedEx. I will post my story below.

I took the day off to receive a package because fedex wouldn’t let me change anything on the delivery. On the phone they told me that if someone isn’t here they will attempt on Friday, then Monday, then Tuesday and if I’m not there after the 3rd time they will send it back to Verizon. Sitting on my sofa with a clear view of any vehicle going down my street I saw zero cars go by, But.... at 9:43am they marked it as “business closed, could not deliver”. Now this is a out right lie! First this is my private residence not a business and second not single single car drive-by. I have a camera out front so I can prove it. Did fedex do anything to fix it? of course not. Talked to five different people and I’m sure you know that I got a different answer from each person. One of the guys seriously didn’t listen to a thing I said. I asked a question and he went on some rant that had nothing to do with my question. So I asked, could you tell me what my question was? Well I’m sure you guessed it, he had no clue what I had just asked him. Now you would think that he would do a better job but no he doubled down. Did the same thing two minutes later and again he couldn’t tell me what my question was. I would have paid twice as much for shipping to no use Fedex.

I just hope someone at Verizon knows how bad FedEx is handling Verizon deliveries. I posted this story on my Facebook and within 5 mins three more people shared a story almost the same as mine. 

0 Likes
Re: FedEx
rhass1

The exact same thing happened to me. I was sending a gift to Downers Grove IL and every day for 3 days there was a FedEx delivery exception for the exact same reason. The business was open and people were there. No delivery was attempted on any of the 3 days. I switched delivery to hold at Fed Ex and got a message that that would take 3 calendar days. A crazy guess is they are short handed or are staffed by new temporary workers and that those packages aren’t even being loaded into the trucks. There can be no other logical reason a business in a very large suburb near a major city would not get a FedEx package during business hours. This package was also signature required as are cell phones. I guess there’sa chance the drivers are so overwhelmed or just hate their jobs so much they don’t want to deal with customers. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JustinRA, this is not a normal shipping experience regarding Verizon orders or anything a customer should ever expect when waiting at home for their delivery.

Did we ever intervene to help make any corrections on this order?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Not even Amazon lets you choose who is going to deliver your package. Your best option is to contact your state officials and contact the BBB regarding your local Fedex.

0 Likes
JustinRA

Sadly no. I call Verizon but they told me that it’s on FedEx and of course FedEx said it was Verizon’s fault. I told Verizon that FedEx said they had to fix it but they said there was nothing they could do on there end. Same goes for when I told FedEx... I did finally get my phone but it took calling FedEx about 9 times and I spent a total of 2.5 hours on the phone. I think next time I will just order it from the apple store to avoid the headaches. 

JustinRA

W

0 Likes
9wood

May just be a recent issue with fed ex short on drivers maybe but I myself have never had a issue with them . ups a nightmare

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for taking the time to contact us today, rhass1. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you please elaborate further? Do you currently have a pending order with Verizon Wireless? If so, when was it submitted? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JustinRA, we're sorry to hear about so much trouble with receiving your phone, but we're very glad to hear that you did receive it. If we can offer any support with your new phone, or if you need any other account help, just let us know. We'll be here and very happy to help. Have a nice day!

0 Likes
jerstuper

Justin your situation almost as bad as what I am dealing with right now. Same story as your called FedEx they tell you to talk to Verizon back and forth and it should be embarrassing for these companies involved. 

When you order something from Apple they make sure you are happy and each agent has the power to help you. You pay a premium for that and it's worth it, I have had many positive experiences with Apple. 

Verizon phone and chat reps are a hit and miss.  You wonder what you pay the Verizon Preimum for 🤣

0 Likes