Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Filling a complain
Miladjangjoo

After moving to San jose, i went to verizon to switch my career from cricket to verizon.

The store manager asked me if you want to trade in your old device and get new phones, i said no and then he said you can trade in your phone for 600 dollar.

when he mentioned 600 dollar he got my attention and i told him my phone is iphone xs max but the screen is broken, he said it doesnt matter still we give you 600 dollar.

so i told him let me go home and backup my devise i will come back.

when i go back to store he gave me 400 dollar trade in value which he said before 600, then he said if you want 600 you can do it online at home and they are gonna give you 600, it doesnt matter if its broken or not.

so i trade in online and then verizon emailed me and gave me the final trade in offer for 177!!!!

well who is gonna sell his iphone xs max for 177 even if the screen is broken, ofcourse noone.

i went to the store to request and get my phone back and i told them why they gave me wrong information, they said we can not do anything and its your responsibility because you did the trade in online not with us, i told him you gave me your instructions and i followed. So i talked with store manager and customer service, they are saying that they can send my phone back and they are making me to sell my phone for 177 which i dont want to! 
i told them i give you back the new devise that i bought from you and send my phone back, again they said even if you give the new phone back we can not get your old phone back to you!!! 
its really trashing me off that the store manager gave me 400 dollar offer with broken screen and i said i dont sell 400 and he told me if you do online you can get 600 but now they offer me 177.

i just want my phone back, i dont want to sell at this price, it was your wrong information. 
This is the store that i buy from and gave me wrong information and stealing money from me.

3954 Rivermark Plaza #R2C, Santa Clara, CA 95054
please advise me how can i get my old phone back or how can i get the 600 trade in value which they promised to me

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Filling a complain
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@Miladjangjoo ,

Thank you for sharing so many details, and I'm sorry to hear that your start with Verizon Wireless had so much confusion. The store that you had visited, based on the location you had shared, is an authorized retailer. This means that they can carry Verizon products, but they can have their own promotions and trade-in offers separate from what we would have. All of our trade-in programs require your device to be in good working/cosmetic condition, and that would mean that a cracked screen will not be accepted. The authorized retailer you had visited can choose to accept any condition phone as a trade, but that would be their decision to do so. When you choose to trade in a phone online ( https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/#/ ), one of the first questions asked about your trade would be if there is any physical damage. When you provide that information, you are then provided with an estimated trade value, and then can send in the device after receiving a shipping kit. Completing this process would also mean that you are agreeing to receive the value of your device, which would be $177.00 from your description. Any device used as a trade-in would not be returned under any circumstance, which is why you are provided with the expected value upfront when sending it in online. 

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Found your problem. You went to a Victra instead of a Verizon corporate location.

0 Likes
Miladjangjoo
But the store told me that i can surely get 600 after seeing my phone if i do on verizon website. And they are not willing to fix this problem for me and customer service.
I am calling you as a last resort to filing in small claims court. I would like to avoid the expense and hassle of Verizon having to send a legal representative to your town's court system.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand. What we can do is review your account to confirm you're receiving the best values and benefits at this time. Respond to the private message to be verified. 

CoreyM_VZW

0 Likes