Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First Responder Discount - Frustration
BenHoeft

I can't find a place to lodge a complaint, so I guess I'll have to do it here. We signed up for the First Responder (nurse) discount back in April, my wife is a nurse. The discount was $25 for the account, which is great and a nice gesture while it lasted. This months bill was $75 over what we were being charged. Why? Because Verizon applied a corporate discount to our account, that took $0 off our bill, which was mutually exclusive with the Nursing discount. We weren't contacted about this change, so now we're out of the $25/month discount and were back charged $50 for the 2 months that it was applied. I tried getting help through the online chat, which was useless. Talking to a rep online who did his best to help I was able to get the back charge waived, but we now have to re-apply for the nursing discount which will take 1-2 billing cycles to get applied. 

So, to recap, we had a $25/month discount that was replaced with a discount of $0/month. This will cost us $75 for the 3 months we're off the discount (this month, and the inevitable 2 billing cycles) and also caused me to be on the phone for almost 2 hours and talking to an online rep for extended time. I have no doubt there will be push back on the second application for the discount since it was originally approved less than 3 months ago, costing more time and money. 

Dirty trick, Verizon. 

0 Likes
Re: First Responder Discount - Frustration
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

BenHoeft Thank you for reaching out here on this platform. I'm sorry to learn your plan was changed. This normally happens at the request of the customer or when reverification was not completed. We can certainly take a look at the account to see what happened. We are sending you a private message here on this platform. -Dolores

0 Likes