Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.
First Responder Plan
jwmmr

Now that Verizon is looking into a first responder plan. I wonder will it include all members who server? I know Volunteer  and professional firemen use their smart phone to receive calls and also look up information.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: First Responder Plan
Ann154
Expert

Until we know the details of the specific plan, it is anyone's guess.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jwmmr, it's important to us that you have all the information you need regarding our plans and other services we offer. Once the plan becomes available you will be able to view which groups are included. You can stay up to date on our new plans and promotions by signing up for alerts using the following link. https://forms.verizonwireless.com/dgf/optin/2012/08282012_general_optin/

Jesus_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANDSCH11

In Verizon's press release, they noted that the new plan would be unveiled within a week. It's now 12 days later and there are no details to be found.

GARWARR1434

Customer service just told me it isn't available for any personal accounts. The would only offer it for business accounts...

jwmmr

No Surprise to me, they are in the business to make money. They could care less about so many Volunteer firemen/ems that rely on their PERSONAL phones for doing their Volunteering job.. Verizon could care less

0 Likes
CAT123789

I agree this is very bad if they do not offer to private plans. not all first responders have their phones that they use on the job paid for by their towns/village. I am not talking about  volunteer either even though that one should qualify as well I do believe. I am actually talking about fire and police first responders that their departments do not pay for the phone my husband being one but they all use the phones very often for the job for many reasons . Is a very helpful tool and several situations where the radio That they carry would that be an option. So this would be very sad if a first responder which can easily prove what the badge and ID that they are active duty first responder or contact their departmen. If you guys are not offering this to them it is sad.

They can not do their job fully today and be safe without them in this day and age and just because they are not on a towns plan where they pay for the phone Should not Disqualify them from receiving this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

GARWARR1434, that is correct. At this time it is only available to business and corporate accounts. All first responders are important and valuable. We will definitely take this feed back and escalate it to the proper channels. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

0 Likes
MICCLE61

I agree. I don’t think Verizon fully understands the duties with public safety. Most 911 dispatchers don’t have work cell phones to take home with them however during natural disasters their always called back to work to help. During the Carr Fire in Shasta County, all off duty 911 dispatchers received an all call text on their personal phones for anyone who could assist. Most off duty officers and volunteer firemen received the same texts or calls. ATT offers it and a discount.

deloused

I disagree. Also, 911 dispatchers also are not first responders, they're classified as clerical help. Of course public sector jobs are important, as are other private or non-profit positions where employees help others for their job. Lots of positions can require the use of a cell phone for essential job duties. Just like any other necessary job tool, it should be provided by the employer. It's not the responsibility of a completely separate company to provide someone with essential tools to perform thier job effectively. Verizon is a for profit company, not a charity.

0 Likes