Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First bill dates don't line up with account activation
Michaeldfrey69

I have only been a new customer for 6 days! I used to have Verizon years ago and I feel I should have never gone back to being a customer.

I bought an iPhone 12 on April 22 from their sales support line. Paid taxes on it. And awaited the time needed for my delivery.

I received my phone on the 26th of April. I was recently a sprint customer before and was until April 30. I then activated my Verizon phone 4 days after receiving it from FedEx and transferred my number and data over.

I just got a bill for $165 for a three day period from April 22- April 25 without having a phone in hand or using any verizon service!

I’ve had numerous calls with no luck getting to anyone who has the authority to do anything about it. I should not being paying this bill. This is wrong. 

  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Before you choose Verizon, read this
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Look at the detailed bill. It should include the partial service charges for the three days of service, the full monthly charges for April 26th to May 25th, an activation fee, the regulatory fees, and taxes. $165 and some change sounds about right for a single line of service on the first bill. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Michaeldfrey69, allow us to start by welcoming you to the Verizon family. We always want your experience with us to be a good one. Allow us to look further into this for you. I have sent you a Private Note so we may discuss this further. 

-Christine

0 Likes
Re: First bill dates don't line up with account activation
Michaeldfrey69

but the bill dates don’t line up with my ever even having a phone from Verizon, let alone service. 

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

You still purchased the phone on April 22nd. That is technically your first day of activation even if you didn't have the phone yet. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Michaeldfrey69

Why is that?

0 Likes
Michaeldfrey69

How? I never had the phone, fedex did. The sales support assured me the cycle would start once I activated the phone as well  

I should not be charged a full month of data, insurance, and taxes for a phone I did not have nor use during a three day period. That’s just robbery. 

0 Likes
Michaeldfrey69

I’ve looked at the detailed bill and this is not right. My date of activation would start when I activate the phone. That’s why it uses the word activation. Not when I order the phone. There is a monthly charge of $80, and $17 for insurance. Not a 3 day charge for it. Which regardless I never had the phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ensuring your billing is correct at all times is essential, Michaeldfrey69. You have come to the best place for assistance. I am here for support and motivated to help with your invoice (date) inquiries. To get started, please send us a Private Note. I am standing by to help!

*Cheyenne

0 Likes