Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Forced Paperless Billing
DaveBootsma

I'm getting text messages like "Free VZW Msg: Starting 09.20.2020, you'll be enrolled in paper-free billing. Go to vzw.com/paperfree for more info or to keep paper billing, reply PAPER."

The message is sent from a sender that doesn't accept replies so fo course the message lies about replying PAPER to keep paper billing the link brings you to a place where the only option is to unenroll in paper billing.

This seems borderline illegal and certainly unethical!

I need my paper bill to turn in to my accountant and yes I could print the online bill but it's the principal of the thing where the message says I can keep paper billing but blocks me at every possible method

Re: Forced Paperless Billing
Tigerstep

The paper statement is limited garbage compared to the pdf copy. Print that out, it's not a big deal.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You're not the only one who has this annoyance. I still haven't resolved it for myself. See first link below. 

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/My-Verizon/Notice-about-enrollment-in-paperless-billing/m-p...

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/My-Verizon/Keep-Paper-Bills/m-p/1181937

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@Tigerstep

The paper statement I have been receiving has the same number of page as the PDF copy. I still prefer receiving a paper copy of the bill. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

@Ann154 Either Verizon changed something or some people still have detailed billing. I remember while back there were complaints about the paper bill only being like 3 pages long without anything itemized.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@Tigerstep

I have a correction. I was wrong about the number of pages in the paper bill I receive. I do get three pieces of paper in my paper bill. It is double sided for a total of 6 pages. It isn't the detailed bill that I can get from the PDF copy. The PDF copy was 10 pages last month. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure that we are able to clarify any questions you might have about this situation. What happens when you reply to the message? Did you already change this on your My Verizon account if you do wish to keep the paper bill?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
DaveBootsma

Thanks to Verizon Fudging the process in both the text message and the website it is impossible to set it to paper bill only. The text says we are going paperless on 9/20/2020 and to reply to the text PAPER if you want to keep paper yet the text message itself is set to not accept replies, very deceptive. Also the link provided goes to the account page and all you can do there is unenroll in paper billing. Hence the extension of the lie!

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@DaveBootsma

I found a way to switch back to the paper bill. See the answer in the first link I posted earlier. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, DaveBootsma.It's important to get your preferred billing options, so I'm troubled to learn about the challenges with the link. I'm here to help. Please check your private messages to share details

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes