Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Forged Signature
biancae95
Hello, My husband and I joined your company on 11/29/2021 in one of your corporate stores (12227 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA) under false pretenses that our representative couldn't provide after forging my husbands signature on a BYOP contract/terms and conditions (which leads us to believe our rep. was aware that there weren't any other promotions he would be able to add even though there was a cyber Monday deal going on the day of this occurrence). We would have never left our previous provider or paid off our devices early (totaling $862.41) if we weren't promised rebates and black Friday phone trade in deals. My husband and I have tried to resolve this with the store manager, Carson Bell & Cade Withrow (representative) with no avail. We have also contacted phone representatives and no one know what steps to take.  I'm really not asking for much, only to be given what was promised. My next step will be filing a police report for forgery and starting a small claim with the Newport News City Court for the forgery. I would like to avoid all of this by simply being given what was promised. 

0 Likes
Re: Forged Signature
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

biancae95, we are happy to have you join our wireless family, but we're also very concerned by what you've stated has been going on. We want to do all that we can to help you. Can you please tell me what exact deal you're not receiving? What indicates that you are not receiving such deal? Please elaborate. -Alicia

0 Likes
biancae95

We came in on Saturday after seeing the Black Friday deal online. What we were told our rep could do was:

1. Allow us to trade in an iPhone 12 pro Max for $1000 towards the iPhone 13 pro Max.

2 Trade in my husbands Note 10 for $800 towards the Samsung s21. 

3. Receive a rebate for joining with our own phones while we waited for the new phones to ship.

We asked our rep if how long the deal was and he let us know we had about a week. We came in 2 days later (Monday 11/29/2021) and we brought in the quote he printed out for us and let us know he was "going to get it going". He asked us twice if we wanted the plans we sked for and the phone upgrades and we said yes. He then began porting our T-mobile numbers over to Verizon. I thought is was weird that we didn't have to sign anything but we weren't finished just yet. After the he cleared that the sim swap worked, he went to the back to ask his manager something and he came back to tell us that the black Friday deal ended yesterday and there was nothing he could do. 

I talked to a rep over the phone who let me know that there was a cyber Monday deal he could have used and she gave me a promo code. I went back to the store and he let his store manager know and she let me know that it was out of her hands and there was nothing she could do. Then she let me know I should wait to upgrade my phone for another year because t=it will have better upgrades. 

I did not know our signature was forged until we made it home and saw the documents on the my Verizon app. So now I see that they didn't only lie to us, they also forged us into a promotion that we would have never left out previous plan for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

biancae95, I appreciate you filling me in. What exactly has you not receiving the deal? Did the store manager state that it was not available? Are you still at right now? The best way to handle this will be with the store management. -Alicia

0 Likes
biancae95

When I spoke with her, she let me know that because her rep. already processed us and he told us pay off our phones, the Cyber Monday promotion would no longer work for us because we have no contract with T-mobile for Verizon to buy out. So there were no deals available to us except the BYOP which is not at all what we wanted to do. We switched for the sole purpose of upgrading at a good deal and now we actually feel robbed for whatever commission they may have made off of us. I don't think the manager is willing to do much because its obvious they're friends outside of work. They talked about their plans for top golf right in front of me while they were looking over my account and then they went to the back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for sharing those details, biancae95. We do have a Switcher promotion based on the buyout or contract fee with any numbers switching to us right now. We also have a similar promotion for those adding a new line or porting in and bringing their own device. Those specific rebate promotions aside, we do have many other deals for specific phones including trade-in promotions. *Zaak

0 Likes