Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fraud from chat salesman
Jamie43

I received an email from verizon with a $600 offer to trade in my phone for a new S21. I chatted with the vzw salesman and told him I didn't have a phone available to trade in and he told me no problem how about I give you a 450 egift card for upgrading instead. I asked "so I don't have to trade anything in" he said no. So I received the phone but no gift card. I chatted with cs and was told there is no offer for $450 egift card they can't help.  I have screen shots of the conversation but I am still not getting any help. What are my next options? I think I'll return the phone as I didn't want to pay that much for a phone.  I suppose I can contact bbb and consumer protection in my state but what a hassle. 

Seems so bizarre that such a big company would lie to take my money like this. Been with vzw for 20+ years

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fraud from chat salesman
Tigerstep

Screenshots aren't going to help with something if it doesn't exist. It would be like going to a grocery store, being told steak is free and then scanning it with a price attached to it. What any employee says at any company is irrelevant compared to what corporate laid out. That stuff is well above supervisors and falls on Verizon's marketing team.

A big company isn't lying, someone who most likely isn't even employed by Verizon is. 

0 Likes
Re: Fraud from chat salesman
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is definitely not the experience we want our customer to have when upgrading. We would love to find a solution for you! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can continue. -MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes