Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fraudulent Asurionwireless Insurance charge
REEPRO52

My wife recently upgraded her phone, and we specifically DECLINED insurance on it.  This was about a month ago.

Yesterday, October 3rd, we received an unauthorized charge of $199.00 on our credit card from Asurionwireless Insurance.  My wife notified the bank immediately (this morning) when the charge was discovered.  The bank immediately cancelled the credit card.

This has turned into one giant headache for us, as this card was used to automatically pay a number of bills - and those creditors now need to be contacted and given new information.  In Googling Asurion Wireless Insurance, I found that there have been MULTIPLE fraud charges against this company, and many, many instances of unauthorized charges.  I believe Verizon needs to get to the bottom of this scam!  I hope you will take this complaint very seriously.  AT&T is beginning to look like a possible replacement carrier, even though we are long, long time Verizon customers!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fraudulent Asurionwireless Insurance charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

REEPRO52,

I'm sure it was alarming to find an unauthorized charge on your account, and I'm glad to know that the bank was able to cancel the charge. We certainly don't want to see you leave because of this situation. Asurion Insurance through Verizon is billed monthly on your Verizon bill, and is not charged in a lump sum.

It sounds like the charge was not related to Verizon, and was an error of some type. To find out more about what may have caused this to happen, you can reach out to Asurion at 888-881-2622.

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
REEPRO52

I did "reach out" to Asurion via a message on their website.  I have heard nothing back from them at all.  I also filed a claim against them with BBB. In my opinion this should NOT have happened, period.  The insurance was declined at purchase.  I would like to know HOW they got my credit card number??? That could only have come from Verizon, I believe...

At any rate - we are still waiting for the charge to be resolved.  It is still sitting as pending on our credit card.  I m still very upset about this.

- Reed [removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
kathy65793

I have read on here a lot about this $199. charge from Asurion but I also have read where Verizon does not give them credit card info on any of their customers. I know I would be very upset if someone used my card for something like that. I have the same thing as you as far as paying bills and what not every month. I hope you can get this straighten out as soon as possible and that you don't get charged any late fees on your bills because of this 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

REEPRO52 - I can definitely understand how you feel. I know that I would not be happy if my credit card was charged for something I was not aware of. Your security and the security of your account is very important to us. Verizon wireless would never provide Asurion or any other company your credit card number. When you make a credit card payment to Verizon wireless, your credit card number is encrypted, for your security. Recently I lost my phone and had to file an insurance claim with Asurion. I had to speak to a customer service representative to pay for the deductible. I would suggest calling Asurion to ensure this issue is quickly resolved. Their number is 1-888-881-2622   JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Vermeesch

250.00 charge....

0 Likes
kh-taylarie

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure we are doing everything we can to help get this charge issue  resolved ASAP.  Asurion will be able to get to the bottom of this at 888-881-2622.  They can also be contacted by using  the link below as well.

https://www.asurion.com/about/contact-us/

-Sean

0 Likes