Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frustrated by lack of appropriate response or action
DanaJW

1.  As a long time Verizon customer, I was hoping that Verizon could offer some sort of loyalty discount.  I have an opportunity to save significant money if I go with Xfinity.  It’s close to impossible to speak with a live person, so I chatted online.  I was very clear with the agent...I don’t want to change my service, I just want some sort of loyalty discount.  The agent responded twice with offers....both significantly more money than I am currently paying.  This was incredibly frustrating. Then he disappeared and the chat ended.

2.  In November, I ordered a new phone and screen protector.  The agent ordered the wrong one screen protector. I went online a few hours later (as soon as I realized), hoping to cancel the order. The website said I couldn’t cancel it, so to wait until the incorrect screen protector arrived, then I could return it.  Once I received the incorrect screen protector, I contacted Verizon returns, got an email with a UPS label, and sent it back.  I have not received a credit.  Again, I contacted Verizon via chat, and the agent couldn’t find the order, so I gave him the order number. Then he couldn’t find any evidence that I received a return label.  He told me he would have to escalate this to someone else and I would hear back. This was yesterday, and I haven’t heard anything.  Based on my recent Verizon experiences, I’m not confident anyone will contact me.  In the meantime, I am waiting for my $41 credit.

Verizon, it used to be so easily to immediately chat with a live person and get help.  This has changed drastically.  I’m incredibly frustrated.

0 Likes
Re: Frustrated by lack of appropriate response or action
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We value your long time loyalty here with us, DanaJW. The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer. I apologize for this experience, and we want to turn this around. We are live reps, and we want to look into this further with your return. I sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this together and get additional information.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
Tiredofstayinghome

Same here.  We’ve been with Verizon/Airtouch/CellularOne for ages.  I have the Xfinity Mobile SIM cards sitting on my table waiting for me to activate them.  I have tried contacting Verizon via phone with minimal success.  Tried chat and must have waited 15 minutes between questions for some sort of response.  Finally was offered some minimal $ amount per month that doesn’t even touch the Xfinity Mobile deal.  
As you said, Verizon used to be easy to contact and much more responsive to long term customers.  Apparently that is no longer the case.  Xfinity Mobile is looking better by the day.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That last thing we would want to see is for you to leave us after such a long relationship, Tiredofstayinghome. I do understand that you've had some trouble in reaching us as of late, and I understand that your time is important. I'd like to take another look and see what we can do to earn your continued business. I've sent you a private note. Please reply to us there.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

1) Shopping at Walmart for years doesn't get someone cheaper groceries than a customer that shopped there less. McDonald's doesn't sell the person eating there for 20 years burgers for less than the person eating for 1. Do you have the ability to make up prices at your place of employment? Probably not. Calling CS is the same. No one can give you a price just because you asked for it lower.

Xfinity are the scraps of Verizon prepaid. It's cheap because Comcast doesn't own the towers or maintain them.

2) This is why you order things yourself if you want it done right. By the time it took to type a post here, you can toss a phone and a screen protector into a cart. This is why support is so awful with wait times because people keep taking up agents time for things they should be doing themselves.

0 Likes
DanaJW

I’m not even sure why you wrote this response.  I have learned in the past, that it’s often the most productive to post a comment on a company's community message board.  I have spent hours trying to get help from Verizon regarding the issues I mentioned, and not until I posted my comment did I finally get the help I was looking for.  I assume you don’t pay sticker price for a car.  It never hurts to ask.  Additionally, maybe you didn’t understand my issue with the screen protector.  But that’s okay, Verizon was able to do the right thing for me, as a result of my post.  I will continue to advocate for myself.

0 Likes