Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frustrated with Verizon and their inconsistent Customer Service
weasi

I am so frustrated with Verizon and their Customer Care/Service.  I have never been told so many different things.  It seems that there is no consistency with what they tell customers.  I called and explained to them that I have been with them for over 20 years that we were looking to save on our monthly bill. They said that with my employee discount, and they checked to see if I qualified for other discounts, I didn't and they lady could have cared less to help.   My Verizon/employee discount is changing (decreasing in percentage saved), Sprint and AT&T offer a higher discount with my employer.   I spoke to Sprint and AT&T and they offer not only better discount, they are cheaper (and AT&T coverage is better here where I live, versus very broken up where I live when it comes to Verizon).   Anyway, I called back and spoke to a Rep. named Kayla who was more than happy to keep us at Verizon.  I questioned the Edge plan, and that none of our 5 lines where up to where I could get it.  I asked her if she could speak to someone and make an exception.  She did and said that was not a problem that since we had been loyal customers for over 20 years, I could do the Early Edge on all 5 lines, that she could go ahead and place an order for 5 new phones of what we wanted - and that when I received them, then I would have to send Verizon back the 5 phones that we currently have.  I thought great.  I'd be saving atleast some money going this route.  I told her that I wasn't sure which phones we wanted that I would find out and call back.  I did the online chat later because I had a question, and that Rep told me - No, that wasn't going be happening at all that I was misinformed.   This is not the first time that this has happened with Verizon.  A rep in a store told me if I bought this Verizon tablet ($99 with a $99 mail in rebate - Free, I liked that - then he said if I did that, he could save us $20 per month on  what we were currently paying per month).    Well, low and behold - I got an extra line - a tablet that I had no use for (he got me at the whole "I'll lower your bill $20 per month".  I fell for it, and it didn't save me one penny.   In the meantime, I put Sprint and AT&T to the test - I spoke with each of them about 3 different times each and got the same answer each time from both of the providers.  Customer Care/Service and consistency and not misleading customers is what is selling me.   I will gladly spend my $3,400/year elsewhere - and save money in the process.   Anyone else have similar experiences???

Labels (1)
Re: Frustrated with Verizon and their inconsistent Customer Service
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

weasi wrote:

... My Verizon/employee discount is changing (decreasing in percentage saved), Sprint and AT&T offer a higher discount with my employer.   I spoke to Sprint and AT&T and they offer not only better discount, they are cheaper (and AT&T coverage is better here where I live, versus very broken up where I live when it comes to Verizon).

It sounds like you'd be better off going with a different carrier.  If I were in your shoes, I'd probably switch.

As far as the inconsistency, it all depends on how you ask the questions and the details you give.  Yes, you can "early Edge"  all your lines, but only to specific phones of Verizon's choosing, not any phones you want.  That would explain why one rep is saying you can do it (that much is true) ,but the second rep said no (because you can't specify what phone you get). 

0 Likes
weasi

Ok. Can you (or anyone) explain how the Early Edge program works.  We have 5 smartphones 2 are under contract until Jan 2017, 2 until May 2016 and 1 until Sept 2015.  We have 2 IPhone 5S, 1 Samsung Galaxy 4, 1 Samsung Galaxy 5 and one Galaxy Note 4.  So, would all 5 lines qualify for Early Edge? If so, what are the requirements/stipulations?  I'd love to get accurate info on here ☺

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Early Edge works by having you turn in the phone on the line that is early edge upgraded.  You then start paying for the full cost of that phone over 24 months, sooner once you get to 75% paid off on that phone, where you can trade it in and start again on another phone, but you will have lost the money already paid up to 75%.  When you trade in the phone for Early Edge and then trade in the new phone for edging up, the phones must be in perfect working order with no damage of any kind.

The money "saved" comes from being on Edge where, if the phone is on a plan with 6GB or more data, you save $25 per month on each Edge phone, $15 if on a plan with less than 6GB.  However, you turn around and put that $25 back onto the phone payment each month, so you DO save $25/$15 but you basically break about even on a 6GB and greater plan after the phone cost.

BUT, in the end, if you get a better, more reliable signal from ATT, and you have an awful signal with VZW, you might consider a switch, but you'd have a large sum of ETFs at this point to cancel all 5 lines.  There are also special stipulations as to who and when one can Edge up or start Early Edge, such as 6 months straight on-time payments.

Verizon Edge FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Early Edge is basically just starting the Edge plan early, so the above page should answer a lot of the questions regarding eligibility. Be warned however, that there are a lot of people with issues who decided to take advantage of this program, namely the trade-in process of sending old phones back and then finding charges on their bill for phones that were "not" received at the warehouse.

It is my opinion that you should not go this route, because if you have less than stellar service now, you are setting yourself up for possible frustration and another 2 years of disappointment.

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

weasi wrote:

Ok. Can you (or anyone) explain how the Early Edge program works.  We have 5 smartphones 2 are under contract until Jan 2017, 2 until May 2016 and 1 until Sept 2015.  We have 2 IPhone 5S, 1 Samsung Galaxy 4, 1 Samsung Galaxy 5 and one Galaxy Note 4.  So, would all 5 lines qualify for Early Edge? If so, what are the requirements/stipulations?  I'd love to get accurate info on here ☺

"Early" Edge means upgrading your phone on the Edge plan before your previous contract is done - so all 5 of your lines are still in contract, meaning to go on the Edge payment plan for a new phone you would HAVE to qualify for Early Edge, and take the phone(s) Verizon offers on Early Edge.  I'm not sure what that phone is ATM.  One of the stipulations for Edge, and Early Edge is NO late payments in the previous 6 months, whatever the reasons.

The two lines under contract till Jan 2017 likely would NOT qualify for Early Edge, you just got those phones!!  THe two in May 2016...maybe.  You still have a year left on those contracts, but it may be allowed.  You probably CAN upgrade the line that ends September, but if the service is not up to par, I would consider waiting till September when that one line's contract ends, and taking that line to another carrier to see if the service is better.  Moving all the lines now is going to cost you substantially in ETF fees.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

I would not go the Early Edge avenue based upon what you have stated and what I have outlined.

0 Likes
parth212
Novice

I had a similar issue with Verizon (customer for now 11 years) and feel the same way as you do, i have the htc one m8 and they REFUSE to replace it with another comparable device even though i paid outright for it a month ago ( 2 year contract plan w/ no eligible upgrade). Ive received a replacement phone for an issue that both verizon and HTC know about but we have to wait for an update to fix it from one of them. Ive tried every possible fix from htc and verizon and it doesn't work my apps still close the only thing i can do it make and receive phone calls and text nothing else. Ive been on the phone with them about 7 times since monday trying to get a different device, oh yeah the one they sent me was a certified like new one, with scratches all over the silver bezel. So much for " We never stop working for you" they've stopped for customers like me and you and thousands of others. Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread just felt the need to voice my issues with them.

0 Likes
erob79

As my Mom would say, "you said a mouth full."  I just upgraded 4 phones on my account and experience the system crashing several times along will not being able to complete the transactions.  Speaking with over 20 plus customer service representatives ( which I started recording), it was no better.  Several of them just flat out lied.  Finally, I was able to complete the transactions on 3 of the four lines with little assistance from customer service since they transferred me from one rep to another.  So, I just gave up on the Managers promised callback and was able to complete the upgrades online after several attempts but I didn't know the last upgrade was going to be a total nightmare.  The Galaxy Note 20 Ultra was on back order and they gave me several different ship dates which I understood but I didn't understand why they canceled my order 3 times.  Finally, I received the phone on yesterday in the wrong color and on a 30 month device repayment plan instead of the 24 month I opted for in the beginning.  I am partly responsible since after talking to over 10 representatives for the regarding the order on just this line, I probably signed forever they put in front of me (BEWARE).  After finally talking to the best customer service rep named Ryan, he researched my situation and  literally called me back.  He informed me that the only color available was black which again I understood but I could not changed the payment plan without sending the phone back.  We all know out that was going to work- NO PHONE AND NO PROMOTION.  I had to admit to by wife that I just gave up and they won. The moral of this story as with a marking term I learn in college "BUYER BEWARE."  I have been a customer of Verizon for over 20 years and since I cannot returned the phone since the 30 days return period ended while waiting for did I say my wife's phone guys.  So believe me when I say that on the 25th month when the promotional device payment plan expires so does Verizon.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes