Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GROUNDHOG DAY
tonisicola

In the last three days, I have spent a total of 8 hours on the phone with Verizon customer service going round and round in circles SIMPLY TRYING TO ACTIVATE A NEW PHONE. No one on can help me.

TOTAL HOLD TIME in this process has been 6.5 hours. I have been disconnected three times alone today. I have been told something different every single time I call as to why the phone won't connect. I have been told that the phone is listed as stolen, then not, then stolen, then not, then stolen then not.

I've been told that I'd be using a virtual SIM card on my new iphone 13 pro and that I need to return my SIM card with my old phone, then that I need to put the old SIM card in the new phone and not to return the SIM card. I was also told that the Verizon team looks at the SIM card to ensure that there's no water damage, but since I need the SIM card for my new phone, I don't know what's going to happen when I send back my old phone with no SIM card in it.

I've been told to wait on the line while they reach the fraud department, only to be on hold for 50 MINUTES and then be dropped back to the customer service line and a new person answered and had no idea why I was on hold. I've been told to wait for fraud three times today, and I have yet to speak to someone in fraud. THIS WHOLE EXPERIENCE IS A FRAUD AND TIME THEFT. 

I've never been in the military, but this is the closest thing to psychological torture I've ever experienced. It's CRAZY MAKING that this has gone on for three days. I am self-employed, and I'm losing work time WITHOUT EVER GETTING A RESOLUTION. If I were an employee somewhere and had been spending EIGHT HOURS OF THE LAST THREE WORK DAYS dealing with this to STILL NOT HAVE A RESOLUTION, I would probably be fired. I'm sure Verizon would fire me if I did this. as their employee.

I am at my wit's end.

I now need to cancel my Verizon service, which I really didn't want to do. I need someone to contact me because if I have to talk to another person at customer service and explain this problem for literally the 12th time, I'm going to evaporate with rage. I haven't been this upset since my grandmother died of COVID and my parents wanted to have a huge funeral for her in the middle of 2020. 

0 Likes
Re: GROUNDHOG DAY
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is definitely not the type of experience we want for you. We know your time is valuable and we'd love to have an opportunity to help and make this right. We've sent you a Private Message to continue further. ~Christian

0 Likes
tonisicola

lolz. I never heard from Christian. I was also told by the last person I spoke with the day I wrote this that it would be resolved yesterday. It is still not resolved. She did at least call me back to tell me that though, which is a first call-back in this whole dystopian saga. 

0 Likes
tonisicola

After years of being on this carrier, if my iPhone 13pro isn't up and running today without any issues and connected to cell services, I'm done with Verizon. I have suffered enough. Good job in getting people to pay for insurance (for YEARS, MIND YOU) and then making the claims and replacement process a total waking nightmare that steals time out of my life and work that I'll never get back and has probably taken weeks of my total life because the stress and frustration this as caused. What a joke. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh, no! It breaks our heart to see you in this dilemma. The last thing we want is for you to have a negative impression of us. Being on top of your equipment is vital, especially if you are looking to get it up and running. We are here for you. Please send us a Private Note to better assist you. ~Gilbert

0 Likes