Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Getting off someone else’s family plan.
kitsunemomma

When I got married my husband got us added to his mom’s plan, but we’re now getting a divorce and I need to keep my current number due to my military status, is there a way to do that without talking to the account manager?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Getting off someone else’s family plan.
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

You will need the permission of the account owner or account manager to transfer your line to your own account. As you are getting a divorce, make sure the requirement to allow the transfer is included in the divorce decree or requested through your lawyer prior to finalizing the divorce. See the link below for more information. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/transfer-service/overview/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

You will need the permission of the account owner or account manager to transfer your line to your own account. As you are getting a divorce, make sure the requirement to allow the transfer is included in the divorce decree or requested through your lawyer prior to finalizing the divorce. See the link below for more information. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/transfer-service/overview/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, kitsunemomma, we hope you are doing well. We understand your concern regarding your phone number, allow us to take a closer look at this matter and see what options we have for you. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist.

~Vic

0 Likes