Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gift card failed, WORST customer service, and this is still not resolved with error "The Gift Card Number or the PIN used is invalid"
Gwenlai

I received multiple gift cards that was purchased on Verizon wireless.com but NONE of them worked, I got shown "The Gift Card Number or the PIN used is invalid." And yes, I have already tried to check my balance at https://www.verizonwireless.com/products/gift-card-balance/

I was transferred MULTIPLE times on the customer care phone 18009220204, spent over 1hr, AND my call got hunged up after the last transfer. What a joke. So don't ask me to call that again.

I messaged @VZWSupport on Twitter, for OVER 2 hours, giving screenshots of the purchase receipts (I had to ask the people who bought it to email to me...), and at the end, they said, sorry, on that platform, they do not have access. Then why didn't you say so in the first place instead of having your customer spend 2 hours, answer multiple questions that you never had access in the first place.

I called the direct number on the back of the gift card 18008764141, and there is NO WAY to reach a customer rep after pressing 0 multiple times. 

I received $750 in gift cards, how can I finally use the gifts that were bought?

This is seriously the worst customer service experience.

Re: Gift card failed, WORST customer service, and this is still not resolved with error "The Gift Card Number or the PIN used is invalid"
Gwenlai

I just spent over an hour on the phone again, and it still cannot be resolved, and the best part was I was told that it is not a waste of my time to do this.

This is the kind of horrible customer service Verizon is providing.

Now I have to wait another 5-10 days to hear back from their escalation for anyone that is facing this.

Re: Gift card failed, WORST customer service, ...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are terribly sorry for the whole ordeal with the gift cards, Gwenlai. Rest assured that our escalations team will take care of this situation for you. We appreciate your patience. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
jchiang123

I have a similar problem.  PIN number failed.  Cannot be resolved by customer service.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes