Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Going in Circles with Customer Support
Wighty66

After seeing all the other posts about "Customer Support" I feel this may be a moot point. I have the Verizon Total Mobile Protection coverage for 2 1/2 years and have yet to use it. Am simply trying to get a battery replacement as it drains so easily and takes quite a few charges throughout the day. 

Called into a local verizon store who told me to go to Asurion's website to handle the claim. Filled out the form on their website only for it to say they couldn't process this and to call the Verizon support number.

Called into the Verizon support number and was sent the links to do a chat thread. Rep asked a few questions then said they were going to transfer me to the "Concerned Team" (not sure what that is). Then left me hanging and after my asking 3-4 times if anyone was going to contact me or if anyone was still there, no response. After about 45 minutes I left the chat.

Then went to My Verizon to schedule a call back from a support rep (said estimated 13 mins, which is not bad). But when they called me, it was just an automated recording telling me it was going to connect me to a rep.  I sat on hold for an hour and fifteen miunties before someone got on the line. What is the point of having a callback if you are going to sit on hold for an hour and drain my battery even more. Why not have the live person call when there is actually someone available?

It gets better, as the Verizon Support rep (who was nice) said she would reach out to Asurion on my behalf stating this is actually a better means then me trying to make a claim on their website on my own. Started feeling a little better at this point. But when she transferred me to the Asurion rep, he asked the same few questions as everyone else and said he would have to transfer me to the Verizon battery replacement department. He then proceeded to try and sell me on Asurion's other coverages for additional devices to which I kept telling him I wasn't interested. 

He then "transferred" me back to Verizon's generic support number where I was met with the same intro menu selection to start this entire process over. In a nutshell I completely agree with all the other users in this community complaining about the downfall of Verizon's customer support. I feel like it is just smoke and mirrors for what they sell you on versus reality. I have had Verizon for 20 years and  am not one to complain in public forums, but this experience has been beyond frustrating and still have nowhere to go for a solution.

Re: Going in Circles with Customer Support
9wood

Completely agree with you seem like if they ignore you long enough you will just forget 

Tigerstep

All these "departments" that don't exist...wow. I'm sorry you had to deal with this sorry excuse for support!

Call Verizon's customer care number and request to speak to tier 2 tech. Tell them have to transfer you directly through Workhub and not use CTI -- a direct transfer won't route correctly because of your insurance including tech coach. Verizon thinks it knows best and will reroute the transfer to Asurion because you have TMP. Asurion will tell you to call Verizon and the cycle won't break.

The rep might be confused why you know this, but it's how you get somewhere. Once connected to Verizon's level 2 tech team, they'll process the warranty replacement.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am so sorry for the experience as we do want to make sure you always get the complete support you deserve. What model is your phone? Has there been any phyical or liquid damage to your current device at all? 

0 Likes
Wighty66

I phone X, and there has been no damage to the phone.

0 Likes
Wighty66

Lol, the support response above seems to be par for the course. Someone from Verizon pretending to help by asking me the same two questions, then ghosting me just like everyone else. The best response I have read was to stop paying your bill and then they will proactively reach out to you and you get your issues handled that way 😂.

9wood

@Wighty66  seems all they do is repeat same thing 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Wighty66, please know that there are no ghosts here. Our goal is honestly to assist. The reason that we ask which phone you have is that many, like yours, do not offer a replaceable battery without voiding the warranty. Therefore, this is not quite as simple as sending you a new battery. We also ask if there is any physical or liquid damage to the phone as given that this phone does not have a replaceable battery, we would want to review if this may be replaced under the warranty or if it needs to be replaced by insurance. For example, if you indicate that the phone is in perfect shape, that would be warranty. If you have a phone with a crack on the screen or other damage, though it is not related to the battery, the would would need to be replaced with insurance. Does this make sense? Please let us know if there is any physical or liquid damage to the phone. Also, as you mentioned that the battery needs to be replaced exactly what is happening to lead you to this determination? LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
JAMM54

I also spent a total of 4 hours between Tech Support and customer service. First I was supposedly in the chat. It asked me 6 times what they could help me with. After 2 hours I finally got a girl and she attempted to help me with my Digital Secure. Next she said I didn't have the addon. I told her I was paying for it since October 2020 and was still being charged for it. Then another guy got on and went into my phone and said he didn't know why I thought I had Digital Secure. I told him I did. They didn't want to do anything but sign me up for whole house Digital Secure for $50 more a month. I asked to speak to his support and he said all they could do was to sign me up for it again at $50 a month. I told him I would call 611 Monday morning. I had to hang up because he was not going to let me go without his $50 sale of Digital Secure. I am really thinking about going to another company after 25 years!

0 Likes
9wood

Had a chat rep sit silent for 3 hours after claiming would help me also had 2 supervisor hang up on me rapidly after I " didn't answer them"

0 Likes