Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Got switched from unlimited plan to 5 GB when trying to upgrade phone. Need fixed!
Unknown_Error

Went to try to get a new phone yesterday.  One of 3 retailers I visited was a third-party, authorized Vz retailer. They had a problem trying to activate on my line, so they suggested as a workaround (add a shared plan) then activate the new phone on that shared portion, and finally have Verizon move the new phone over to the original part of the plan and cancel the sharing.

Unfortunately, they were not able to activate the new phone even after doing this, due to the system-wide problems yesterday... BUT, the real problem is, adding the sharing also trashed my old unlimited plan, and switched my entire plan to a meager 5 GB / month for a whopping $65 plan.  This is not what I wanted, especially when the store assured me that the base plan would be unaffected.

Since the old plan isn't offered anymore, the first-level reps (and I) cannot change it.  A ticket has been submitted, but waiting 3-5 days for this to (possibly) get resolved is unacceptable.

How can we get this sorted today?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Got switched from unlimited plan to 5 GB when trying to upgrade phone. Need fixed!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We truly apologize for any inconveniences. We certainly want for you to be able to enjoy your new phone as well as services. If the system is not allowing us to make the plan change, then the previous rep went the correct step in submitting an inactive pricing form to get the plan back. Unfortunately, yes, it can take up to 3-5 days as it goes to an offline team for review. 

-Christine

0 Likes
Re: Got switched from unlimited plan to 5 GB when trying to upgrade phone. Need fixed!
Unknown_Error

Thank you for your message.  In the meanwhile, while I'm waiting for the manual review to process, what sort of incentive can Verizon offer to get me comparable unlimited service *at the same price* as the old plan?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello! we understand the importance of having the best plan for needs and budget. How did upgrade your device?

~Maria

0 Likes