Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Group texts take forever
JOEJODI

When I send group text messages, there's a long delay.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group texts take forever
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Texting has really become a favorite way to communicate, JOEJODI. It’s terrible to hear that your group texts are experiencing a long delay. You came to the right place for help. To help uncover what’s going on, we will need to ask some questions. When did this start happening? Can you share more details about what, specifically, is delayed when in group text? Does it happen with all groups, whether you start one or are a member? How do one-to-one texts work? What model phone are you using? Have you attempted group messaging using the native text app? What were the results?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
CHRSHE65

I have a Galaxy 4s and this problem has been happening for about 2 weeks now. It happens with group texting only, not single messages. When a group message comes in, it displays on its own, but when open it says downloading. Sometimes, I will restart my phone and this helps to speed it up, but now always. I have missed conversations due to this problem. It's very frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@Chrshe65 We understand the importance of being able to receive your text messages in a group chat. We're here to assist. Are you having this issue everywhere or does this happen only when you're at a specific location? Also do you notice a pattern in the type of message you receive when it says downloading? (Text vs Picture Message)

JoelD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lemmerot

I am having this same problem, for weeks now. 

Only certain texts from group threads, go to the person's individual text thread and get stuck as downloading.  Maybe several hours, or days later, the text will eventually come through.  This doesn't happen to all group texts.  I can't determine if there is a pattern as to what type of texts, because when they come through, they get placed in the thread where they originally were supposed to be, so sometimes I can't even find them, so I miss out on complete parts of the conversation.  

I have tried with both the native messaging app and the message + app and I get the same results with both.  There is no option to select the messages and try to force downloading or re-download - it just get stuck.  And eventually, I get a lot of these messages piled up. 

I have tried clearing the cache and the data from the messaging apps, restarting the phone, nothing has worked. 

I would really appreciate some suggestions for how to solve this problem. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're eager to help you too, Lemmerot. I know how important it is to get all of your messages at all times. You've certainly done a lot of troubleshooting on your own already. Can you tell me if you're connected to Cellular Data or WiFi when this happens? Also, what make/model phone do you have?  

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lemmerot

I have tried both being disconnected from WiFI and being connected to WiFI and it seems to have no impact on helping the messages come through.  Typically, I am connected to WIFI, but my cellular data is also still always on. 

My Phone make/model is: LG Lancet for Android, 8 GB.  Model VS820.

0 Likes
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate the additional insight, Lemmerot. I'm sure we'll get those group messages working. When you run into the trouble with the messages, are you able to successfully browse the internet on your phone? While a message is stuck in the downloading status, are you able to send picture messages or receive other group messages?

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lemmerot

Yes - I can successfully browse the internet when having this problem.   And yes - when messages are in a stuck downloading status, I can usually successfully send text and picture messages and I also still receive some messages in the same text thread that has messages stuck downloading in the individual person threads, as well as receiving text messages in other threads.  I can't seem to discover any pattern as to what causes certain messages to get stuck.

<<removed>>

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
Nmin

Has there been a resolve to this problem because frankly I am tired of the poor service and I pay a lot of money for shotty service

0 Likes