Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guess it's true, no retention from Verizon
Macha6

I recently removed a line that I wasnt using for a smartwatch I was never using to save some money on my bill.

I also had a conversation with my roommate who has a family plan with AT&T about the cost of each of our plans. After removing the extra line, my plan is $80/month not counting for taxes and surcharges while their family plan which is essentially the same features as mine is $60 before the taxes and all.

When discussing via chat, I was told basically that I could enroll in autopay to save $5 per month. That's it. Verizon was not willing to consider my 14-15 year history as a customer in attempting to retain me. Also, the autopay discount is available to all customers, so it's not like they are going out of their way to do anything that isnt offered to everyone.

I've never made such a request in my entire history with Verizon as a customer because I've been generally satisfied with them and simply asked if they would meet me halfway to the $20 per month that I could save monthly by switching.

The answer was to wait for a possible in the future loyalty discount email that may never happen. I have ZERO faith that one would happen as I've never seem one in my length of time as a customer. Instead they'd rather send me emails and notices trying to get me to upgrade so I can get locked into a new contract.

Seems Verizon would rather lose a customer to a competitor than budge. Guess I have all the reason to ditch them as a company now that I gave them an opportunity but told me to kick rocks.

0 Likes
Re: Guess it's true, no retention from Verizon
Tigerstep

I certainly hope you weren't rude to whoever you were working with. Can you go to a store and have a worker give you a custom price just cause you shopped there for 10+ years? No.  

0 Likes
Macha6

I think it's pretty rude to assume someone was rude just because I'm making a complaint.

Just because someone expresses dissatisfaction doesnt mean they were rude to anyone. I regularly thanked the individual for checking to see if there were any options. I'm still allowed to express disappointment in that they dont attempt to retain me.

To your other point, T-Mobile always had a retention team from people who I know that worked in their call centers. You can call up credit card companies and see if they have any no interest promotions as a retention. So your statement isnt a good one because many companies and businesses do try to offer customers incentives to stay.

Plus, wouldnt one think that Verizon would like to keep that monthly revenue as opposed to see it walk out the door entirely?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Macha6, we truly value having you as part of the Verizon family. We would never want to see you go elsewhere. I have sent you a Private Note to discuss this further. 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
ccsandy

promotions for new lines, etc. that are not available for us long-term customers is another big issue - would rather have a new phone line clogging up their towers than showing some loyalty to existing customers and passing on similar promotions.  This is why if you can, switch phone companies every year or so if you have an unlocked phone and take advantage of any new line offers.

0 Likes