Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Hard time setting up automated split payments for lines under same account - help!
Zooch

Hope someone can help!

I have a Verizon wireless account and my girlfriend was on AT&T pre-paid but wanted to replace her super-old phone. We visited a Verizon store and were told that the best option was to add her as a 2nd line under my existing account. Not only would both our phone bills be cheaper that way, but she would get a $400 credit on an old phone that would otherwise be worthless. 

We keep our finances separate, but the staff at the store assured me that split payments would be easy: she could set up auto-pay on her line while I could continue having my line on auto-pay on my own card (I realize that I bear responsibility because it's my account, but I mean for ease of payment). However, now that we've done the transaction, I can't figure out how to separate expenses by line while under the same account. I really wanted to avoid having to pay for everything myself every month, then charging her (especially when amounts vary due to anything from her insurance, activation fee, in-app purchases, etc). That's an extra chore to keep track of each month and it was supposed to be simple.

So far I've:

- Gone to the Verizon website and the MyVerizon app, no solution there.

- Called Verizon. The guy who answered the phone was clueless and reacted as though I had asked for a cheeseburger. I spent 45 minutes on the phone as he flipped through his manuals and tried to reach a supervisor to no avail. In the end, he said that maybe we could create it as a "sub-account" (mine would end in 001 and hers in 002), but wasn't sure if we'd lose all the promotions like the $400 off the trade-in and did not know what else it entailed. Maybe he was new. Useless.

- I went back to the Verizon store that had promised it could be done, but they didn't know either, which was weird. The manager said he'd ask his supervisor several days ago but has yet to ring me back.

The first payments are looming and I'd like to solve this. This is so puzzling to me because it wasn't supposed to be a big ask. Is there a way to do this? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes