Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have I been scammed? Case of the missing rebate!
nothis

I have been fighting for weeks now to get my $650 rebate card. When I signed up for Verizon I did so because of the buy one get one apple iphone offer. We were promised a rebate card to pay for the one phone.

It has now been a few months and no rebate.I have been patient and polite but i'm done. I have contacted chat,  I have called and been directed to the rebate center several times. I'm sick of being forced to run in circles and give the same information over and over again. With dead ends I even asked for a Verizon email I could contact to escalate my case and guess what? I was told IT DOESN'T EXIST. There is no email according to chat agents. So lets see my options. Contact live chat who simply says to call the rebate center. I call the rebate center even more futile. I then call verizon(who were incredibly rude) and im sent in the same circle OVER and OVER.

Oh and just to throw salt in the wound I discover this isn't just me and there are a lot of people who are still endlessly waiting for their rebates. So i'm led to believe this is a scam and verizon has no intention of giving me my rebate. Also because so many people seem to have been cheated i'm considering terminating my account and reporting this to the Better Business Bureau. I made a contract and verizon is not fulfilling their end. This company has been nothing but rude, shady and unhelpful.

I'm really at a loss at what else I can do other than continuing to contact verizon over and over.

!!BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT sign up for this company expecting to get a rebate. Ive spoken with people who have been waiting over 5 months. I wish I never switched. I was better off with Sprint. I've already warned all of my friends as well.

Verizon you need to put more effort into your customer service.

Labels (1)
Re: Have I been scammed? Case of the missing rebate!
sprmankalel
Leader

Were you fully aware of the promotion redemption details? Meaning did you trade in a device to Verizon and receive any credit for it and then visit the appropriate website and submit the required paperwork in the time frame stated? Understand that the promotion is for $650 it is for UP TO $650. If you traded in a device and received $300 for it and then you only owed the old carrier $300 you would not get anything else. If you received $300 for a trade and owed the old carrier $450 you would receive a rebate card for $150 the difference of what you owed and what you received as a trade. It all hinges on the fact that you would have HAD TO visit the promotion website and fill out the information and submit a copy of your final bill from the previous carrier showing how much you owed for the device traded in or the ETF. Did you follow those instructions? There are MANY customers who did what was needed and received their payments so I am guessing you might have missed a step.

0 Likes
nothis

I appreciate your response however It was not a "trade in" deal. The deal was we buy 2 iphones and we get one free via a rebate card to pay for the second phone. All the information was submitted (more than once) and thoroughly read. I did not miss a step. Thank you.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

Would you tell us then EXACTLY which deal this is? Which phones did you purchase?

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Sounds like the BOGO deal where they buy one phone on the DPP and add a line with a second phone purchased on the DPP. Then the customer had to apply for a prepaid card from Verizon which would pay off the second phone's DPP balance. We still have to wait until the OP confirms the exact details of the deal they are contending with in this situation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

nothis

Yes it was a bogo. We purchased two Iphone 6. The deal was buy two iphone 6 or newer to get a prepaid gift card up to $650. The worker in store said all we had to do was send the information and we would get a pre paid card to pay off the second phone. There was also a deal where every line we switched to verizon we could get $100 credit per line. We switched 2 lines from sprint. We were told it would be 4-6 weeks. We have done all that and no word other than being directed to a rebate center. But they just keep saying to keep waiting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

nothis,

We always want you receiving the promotion you deserve. Were you able to get everything submitted to: vzw.com/digitalrebatecenter ? If so, you will want to reach out to our rebate team. You may do so by calling them directly at 844-408-8471.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
luciahouse33

This phone line is constantly busy. You guys make it so hard to get help, it’s like you’re trying to exhaust your customers so they don’t claim the rebates they were promised when they switched carriers... 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes