Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have dead phone, cannot sign-in b/c of Secret Question. Plan head is daughter (out of country). No access for plan members and no access if phone dead. Need to learn deals, buy a phone, etc. ADVICE?
nophonenohope

HOW CAN I REPLACE MY DEAD PHONE;  BUY A NEW ONE, ADDING TO FAMILY PLAN WHEN I CAN"T EVEN SIGN-IN

I hope this community can tell me tell how I can  get through the Verizon sign-in process soI can buy a phone to replace my currently dead one. 

I am a member of a Family Plan run by my daughter (out of the country for a week)and even with her ID and password, Verizon does not accept my sign-in attempt when I could not answer her Secret Question.   With a dead phone, I cannot get from Verizon including a PIN.  I can use my husband's phone (also in the Familhy Plan) but Verizon does not allow access to anyone but the registered plan administrator.  My phone number-- with decades of phone bills from Verizon --- is "not recognized. "  Huh?

I am so frustrated.  HELP!!  How can I access Verizon:

--to buy a phone and add to Family plan;

--delete dead phone from plan;

--learn the gory financial details of a contract, and

--arrange for that new phone to be shipped to me.

I had tried the live chat, but I had to leave the page to locate my daughter's phone number.  Since I never actually type it out, and since it was locked inside my dead phone, I had to reach out to my family so they could look ion their contact phone lists.  And now I cannot regain access Chasmine, my chat person.

I would be grateful for any advice.   I am without a working phone and beginning to believe I shall remain that way.  I would walk away from Verizon except it would work against my family and their contracts.  However,  I have learned just how powerful an essential company can be when it takes advantage of people dependent on its "services."

Meanwhile, the reality is I need to know how to deal with Verizon and get a phone.  All thoughts are welcome and appreciated. I cannot even find a phone number to try to talk to a Verizon person.   Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Have dead phone, cannot sign-in b/c of Secret Question. Plan head is daughter (out of country). No access for plan members and no access if phone dead. Need to learn deals, buy a phone, etc. ADVICE?
winterbaby18

You can make changes if your an Account Manager as previously set up by the Account Owner and you have the billing password.  If you need a phone pronto then you can go into a Corporate VZW store with the billing password and your Identification.  They can then help you with everything you mentioned.  If your not an Account Manager then your out of luck.

View solution in original post

Re: Have dead phone, cannot sign-in b/c of Secret Question. Plan head is daughter (out of country). No access for plan members and no access if phone dead. Need to learn deals, buy a phone, etc. ADVICE?
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Youll still have to be the account owner to make those changes.

Is the account owner unavailable to make that change from their location?

Customer Service

(800) 922-0204

or dial *611 from your mobile phone
View the *611 On-Screen App for Android Video

6 AM - 11 PM, Mon - Sun

Emergency Service Hours
11 PM - 6 AM, Mon - Sun

0 Likes
winterbaby18

You can make changes if your an Account Manager as previously set up by the Account Owner and you have the billing password.  If you need a phone pronto then you can go into a Corporate VZW store with the billing password and your Identification.  They can then help you with everything you mentioned.  If your not an Account Manager then your out of luck.

View solution in original post

Re: Have dead phone, cannot sign-in b/c of Secret Question. Plan head is daughter (out of country). No access for plan members and no access if phone
run2it2

you give her phone numbers to call and get another phone.... did you miss the part about her phone not working?

0 Likes
Re: Have dead phone, cannot sign-in b/c of Secret Question. Plan head is daughter (out of country). No access for plan members and no access if phone
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
Re: Have dead phone, cannot sign-in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too and we're here to help. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

0 Likes