Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helpppp
Linhle

So ive requested an ownership transfer since early august. My boyfriend was the account owner who passed away in July. Verizon transfer team told me to fill out a form online and submit in dead certificate which I did. They told me i only have to wait 2 or 3 days for it to be authorized. I would call in to see the status of my request every week but they kept telling me to wait and today is oct. 5th. I don't know how long i have to wait. Last week, i called in again and the agent told me to send an email to wallingford correspondence email.

i sent them an email, expained everything he didn't have a power of attorney and included a dead certificate of my boyfriend. I never received a response from them. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to change my phone number cuz i have been using it for many years. I'm typing this while being on hold with a verizon agent for 1 hour and 30 mins. This is stressing me and super frustrated. 

0 Likes
Re: Helpppp
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Usually in order to get this moving you have to take the death certificate to a corporate store. You can then request that your phone number be moved to an account of your own. You do have to pass a credit check and will have to move to one of the currently offered plans.   Find a Verizon corporate store near you.

0 Likes