Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Horrendous Customer Service... Anti-Customer Service, Really
AnoHito

Verizon... Wow. Just Wow.

I wasted close to 5 hours over two days just to change my address to make payment. How did I wast so much time? Well, I didn't really. Verizon's horrendously anti-human, anti-custemer "customer service" did. How did it do that? Their anti-human robots, their cheap overseas half butt chat support minions, their choice in how they limit what personnel can do to help customers, and of course their lack of actual human beings tasked with actually helping the customer.

Their answering robot gives no direct route to a human being so if you seek one, you'll waste time trying all options. The robot's "I'm sorry you're having trouble. Goodbye." perfectly encapsulates Verizon's customer service: "You're having trouble with our cruddy system. F#ck you and have a nice day." Their chat-based human representatives are obviously not native English speakers as they miss basic language and interpersonal cues so that's frustrating, slow, and awkward. They're also limited in what they can do so you risk wasting time as they fumble, dodge, and repeat the same suggestions you've clearly indicated don't help...

Then when you stumble on an alternate means of actually talking to a human, they transfer you to a line where often either it hangs up on you or they never pick up. This happened to me several times.

When I did get an actual customer (anti) service person (the next day!!!) after wasting nearly 3 hours... She was courteous but made suggestions whose failing results I anticipated correctly without exception. I wasted close to an hour taking suggestions I had either already tried several times myself or knew wouldn't work based on how Verizon's app and website malfunctioned.

Verizon. You stink. Your customer service is horrendous. I thought Virgin Mobile had bad customer service. You've handily taken the top spot for bad customer service. Congratulations. I'm sure your shareholders are happy, customers be d#mned.

I'm now shopping for a different carrier.

Re: Horrendous Customer Service... Anti-Customer Service, Really
Tigerstep

I found where to change addresses within 2 minutes of playing with the app.. You wasted this much time for calling CS during a pandemic for something many companies let customers do online for years. CS is for actual problems that you can't do self serve or if there is an outage preventing you from doing so. 

0 Likes
AnoHito

I used the app first. Then I used the website. The CS people too couldn't get the system to work from their end of it. The problem is much deeper than your off-the-cuff, shoot-from-the-hip arrogant, flippant take. They have organizational problems, IT problems, and issues with what permissions they give their (few) CS people.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh, gosh! This is certainly not the experience we want you to have when contacting us, AnoHito! We don't want to lose you as our customer over this. We know it is frustrating when you are trying to do something simple but keep running into roadblocks. We are always working to improve our systems to ensure you can easily manage your account and reach us when you need us. Please send us a Private Note if you are still experiencing any concerns with your account.

0 Likes
AnoHito

I don't know if the problem's been solved. If I'm still using Verizon then I'll know if the payment goes through because your system rejected my physical address.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to ensure you get the assistance you need, AnoHito. This is never the experience we want for you. We are here and happy to help with your concerns. 

Through which platform was this response sent to you? Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience.

CheyenneS_VZW 

0 Likes
jt10128

I have the same experience with them, they  make my blood boil, lol.

You are right, they have anti customer service, where your time and energy is wasted on answering stupid questions or following stupid instructions, all designed to place fault somewhere else and have no responsibility for anything, even though they collect premium fees for their atrocious services.

I'm switching to a new provider too. People should mass boycott this horrific company, otherwise nothing will change.

0 Likes