Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Horrible Customer Service Experience
Chicago7144

I have been a client of yours for almost 10 years and I currently have 4 phone lines with you. I have spoken with at least 6 different people including 1 manager in attempt to upgrade 3 of my lines which are all eligible. I have been place on hold forever several times, promise a call back after speaking with someone, and no one calls me back. No one can tell me the issue with why I am unable to upgrade these phones when its going through the order process on your customer service side. This has been one bad experience after another bad experience. I am so frustrated...the only thing that's been accomplished is someone upgraded me to 5G and I don't have any 5G phones which was the reason I was trying to upgrade in the first place. all of my balances are current and I have an extensive history with you guys...I am so disappointed and upset at the same time. Even as I speak I am on hold currently going on 49 minutes. It should not be this hard for me to give you my money. Your upper management needs to know how their loyal customers are treated.

Re: Horrible Customer Service Experience
DMathews1
Novice

As someone who's been a customer for over 15 years (close to 20) let me tell you what you probably already know... Verizon's Customer Service has gone about as low as it can go.  And being a "longtime, loyal customer" gets you NOTHING at all!

And your idea of communicating with the the upper echelons of Verizon unfortunately won't do any good at all! I have communicated several times with the Executive Vice President's Office (Ronan Dunne) and they have dropped the ball repeatedly and have broken promises.  Even when called on their terrible service, "their terrible service continues"!!!

If you are anywhere near a Costco, and they happen to carry the phones you want, you are better off going through them for a number of reasons... price, warranty, etc...;   believe me, they are way better than dealing with Verizon!

Btw, DO NOT count on 5g being anything special because it isn't.  I have a Samsung S20+ and although the phone is great, Verizon's Nationwide 5G service is worse than their 4G LTE service;  and once you have a phone that takes 5G, you CANNOT turn it off;  you're stuck with it!

If you want to get a fair assessment of Verizon's Nationwide 5G service, just search for it on this forum and/or other forums.  It currently is useless; that may change in a year or two, but as of now, it's nothing special!

9wood

Doesn't seem anyone cares at how customers get mistreated complaint go ignored I have had several laugh at me as they hang up list goes on I had one rep tell me last week that they get paid regardless and it's very very obvious that they know nothing will happen to them I been threatened but one Saturday reply from here I can write a letter hmm yesterday I had first supervisor go on rant blame me for there failure to fix a problem i.e ticket made last week called Sunday got lied to several times my fault also she claims second supervisor goes silent for some 8 hours plus after the usual ignore me and self serving comment

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh, no! That's definitely not the experience we want for you. Upgrading your device should be an exciting time, not a frustrating one. We'd love the opportunity to turn this around and investigate this with you, so we can figure out what's going on. We'll be sending a Private Note.

BrittanyR_VZW

0 Likes
dimonds2

i am a FIOS and a VZ wireless customer.  I had simple issues questions today and I ran into website confusion between linked accounts.  I could not get a hold of a verizon wireless customer service after trying 17 times and wasting two hours.  you guessed it...musak endless holds.... people that assured me they could get me to someone.... call backs that no did not happen successfully.... the automated system kept saying how it could help me but it only wanted to either send me to more automated functions or into musak heck....

I realize communications is a very competitive business but this is such a terrible customer service experience unbelievable.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to ensure your concerns are addressed in a timely manner and would like to apologize for the time it has taken you to reach us, dimonds2. Please tell us more about what is going on with the confusion on the wireless website. We are here to help and get things turned around.

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Gideonsword

I have had a similar experience. Verizon, as well as many "Tech service industries", could care less about their customers, as long as you pay the extortion fees! Good luck, talking to a human being, that speaks your language!

My biggest beef now, is the forced conversion to 4G! Verizon refuses to honor my previous contract, and is forcing me to buy a new phone, and a new contract that is 4 times my previous contract! This is NOT my fault, and I shouldn't be forced to pay for it!!

The big question is, how many times a year, will they switch to a new xG system, and force us into a more expensive phone and contract? This is piracy!