Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Horrible Customer Service
Kamahl1983

My wife and I went to the apple store to get 2 new iphone 13 Pros. We traded hers in with no issue. Then came mine. The promotion did not come up on the kiosk. They said for us to pay out of pocket and call Customer Service at Verizon and they will take care of the payment/billing to get credit for the trade in value to apply it to our bill. We call Verizon. They tell us we need a order number and to call Apple for the number. We call and get the number and call back to get the bill adjusted. The lady picks up the phone and already had a bad attitude and then when i told her the story she then tells me we were lied to by Apple. She spoke to the supervisor and there is nothing she can do. I asked if I could speak to the supervisor for clarification and to see what my options were rather than be put back on hold for the 3rd time. She said You can be put on hold an wait for 2 hours for them to not pickup. Im about to go to lunch so after i go to lunch they might take your call. She said I dont own the company so customer service is on them. 

We are out $700 and we would like to get this resolved. The attitude of the employee makes me really question whether our years of loyalty towards Verizon is even worth it anymore. 

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Kamahl1983. We are very sorry to hear about the experience you had when reaching out for support on this inquiry and for the trouble with ensuring that you receive this trade-in promotion for your new iPhone 13 Pro device. We certainly want to help in every way that we can. So that we are updated, can you please further describe the issue that occurred at the Apple Store kiosk for why the promotion did not come up as an option to apply to your order?

-Brett

0 Likes
Kamahl1983

The first phone the promotion loaded whit no issues. The second one for what ever reason they option for changing the buying to use payments via Verizon was not allowed. There was no option and Apple said they have seen this before and Verizon fixes it on the backend. To get the phone we would have to pay for it out of pocket and then Verizon adjusts the bill to give a credit the account for the amount of the phone. In this case $710 over a few months which happened with the first phone with no issues due to the promotion going through. The promotion was not an option with the second phone even though both phones were eligible for an update. Both phones were in perfect condition and were checked by the apple staff. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

So we can delve deeper, I am sending a Private Note. 

-David

0 Likes