Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Horrible company
Johnceaser

lost my job in March 2020 due to COVID-19, it’s now December 2020 and I have yet to return to work. For the last month and a half, my service has been terminated 3 times which is absolutely ridiculous and still charged reconnect fees after false promises to “credit them!” The agents continuously say “oh I do understand” and yet ask for a payment for $500 after I’ve said several times I’m unemployed. Of all the companies I’ve contacted regarding my lack of employment which affect my ability to pay the bill, they’re the only company that I have problems with. The “stay connected program” only last until June 2020 as if everything was back to normal at that point. At this point I’m definitely considering terminating my service and going prepaid because this is by far the worst ever!

Tags (2)
Re: Horrible company
Tigerstep

Verizon offered relief at the early stages of Covid to give people enough time to either find another job or get on unemployment. It's been many months since March to not have have done something since then..

Verizon were also advertising tons of work at home opportunities for people to work as CS agents. From a business standpoint, pandemic or not, it doesn't make sense to keep a customer around that isn't paying for service. There was relief, enough time passed to get unemployment/another job and even hiring opportunities through Verizon themselves. I've had friends lose jobs during this who still managed to find something by trying.

Unsure what threatening termination of service is going to do if Verizon wasn't getting paid for services provided.

0 Likes
Johnceaser

Hey “Tigerstep” were you aware that no all people qualify for unemployment, ran out of unemployment extensions/funding, children are out of school which then plays a major role in the parents ability to work whether in office or at home. There’s no such thing as “enough time” in an atmosphere such as this! Verizon also advertised on their website there is you lived in Washington DC, that you qualify for a 12 month “protection program”, which I am, but was continuously denied access to. Additional, the jobs offered by them aren’t just handed out since you make it seem so simple. There are so many underlying factors one can experience and for you to just say such things states a lot about you.

From a customers standpoint, I’m threatening to terminate service because I continuously make my payment with the promise to pay arrangements just to have my service disconnected, added reconnect fees per line then another request for hundreds of dollars if you must know. I don’t recall saying I wasn’t making payments either, all together you should just stop assuming. It’s very closed minded of you to think that you and your friends situation, whatever that is and honestly don’t care, would work for any and everyone else. 

With difficult times as such, you should assist your customers, not add to their stress. Business or not, don’t treat your customers like trash, especially when they’ve upheld their end of the deal then demand more money. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Johnceaser,

I am very sorry to learn of your predicament, and I want to make sure this is being thoroughly looked at. We are sending a Private Note, and look forward to you response.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes