Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Horrific experience with the landline dept. Staff (male) actually MADE ME CRY.
Vincegood

I would appreciate a prompt call back from Verizon to discuss the way I was treated today by the Verizon staff who answered my call about getting a landline today. The list of all that went wrong is so long that I would rather try to iron things out directly with a Verizon advocate, and obtain the service I deserve before I file a complaint with the state.

All I will say for the public is that I am French, with an accent (obviously) but with 34 years of experience speaking English after a post-graduate degree in that same language. However, that person made sure to make me feel misunderstood, inferior and certainly not wanted by Verizon, even volunteering a "Jesus Christ" of frustration that was loud enough for me to hear... I had to repeat myself over and over, spell again and again, and I signed up for a landline that was announced to me as a flat rate, with ZERO detail shared in terms of installation costs, contract if any, and plan included. I had ask really fast before he hung on me. Once I managed to digest what had happened, I thought advice with a friend and started crying as I related the facts. I feel that I was verbally abused, mistreated, and discriminated against based on (the Verizon staff's choice of) race or gender, ... or both! That will be escalated so that it doesn't happen to anyone else, hopefully...

0 Likes
Re: Horrific experience with the landline dept. Staff (male) actually MADE ME CRY.
jav6
Leader

@Vincegood wrote:

I would appreciate a prompt call back from Verizon to discuss the way I was treated today by the Verizon staff who answered my call about getting a landline today. The list of all that went wrong is so long that I would rather try to iron things out directly with a Verizon advocate, and obtain the service I deserve before I file a complaint with the state.

What number did you call for 'getting a landline'?  This Community Forum is for VerizonWireless service NOT landline service.  What landline service are you looking to get?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Horrific experience with the landline dept. Staff (male) actually MADE ME CRY.
Vincegood

I called the right number and I ended up ordering a landline installation. However, getting through Verizon for anything at all is impossible, especially with complaints. They conveniently separated the two domains so that people can get lost in the middle. I do not believe that there is any community dashboard for the landline department. My next step is to go up to the state and file a complaint there since Verizon has not called me back nor replied to this post.

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

@Vincegood wrote:

I called the right number and I ended up ordering a landline installation. However, getting through Verizon for anything at all is impossible, especially with complaints. They conveniently separated the two domains so that people can get lost in the middle. I do not believe that there is any community dashboard for the landline department. My next step is to go up to the state and file a complaint there since Verizon has not called me back nor replied to this post.

Again, what number did you call?  Was it a VerizonWireless customer service number?  Are you talking about VerizonWireless's home phone service or Verizon's home phone service?  There IS a difference and they are different business units.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Vincegood

No I called the right number. 1-800-837-4966. And I got through.

Complaint filed with the Virginia SCC and mailed to Verizon's CEO. Respect matters. 

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Your complaint should have been posted on the Verizon Residential/Fios forum and not the Verizon Wireless Community forum. The landline business is separate from the Wireless business. 

https://forums.verizon.com/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Hi Vincegood, this is a peer to peer public community forum dedicated to discussions of Verizon Wireless services. If you would like to discuss Verizon Fios services we have a dedicated community over at https://forums.verizon.com.

0 Likes