Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hotspot through FMCA
fs112

Hello, about a year ago I signed up for the unlimited hotspot plan through FMCA. I no longer need the hotspot and would like to cancel my subscription (I understand there are fees to go along with that). The problem is, is that I am considered an "Account member" and don't have the ability to cancel.  I requested "Manager" status a long time ago and it still says it's pending. I called Verizon and they said I would need the account owner to cancel it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Hotspot through FMCA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns, too, and we're here to help you in any way we can. We're sorry to hear that you've decided to cancel the hotspot line. We've also noted that your name has been added to your account as an Account Member, resulting in you not being able to cancel the service for the hotspot line and its plan from your account. Noting that your request to be added as an Account Manager is "Pending" have you spoken with the Account Owner to expedite your request? The Account Owner can complete your request by accessing the My Verizon account or by placing a call to our Customer Service Team at 800-922-0204, and our representatives will be more than glad to assist you both. How does this work for you? Before you consider canceling the service for your line, we'd like you to consider a couple of alternatives. For example, there is an available option that will allow another person to assume the responsibility of the line from you. This process is called a Transfer of Service. In this case, we recommend discussing this option with the Account Owner and visiting our website to view more info about the Transfer of Service process at http://spr.ly/6606GJkcn. Another alternative to canceling the hotspot line is by using another device in place (e.g., phone line, Tablet, Smart Watch, etc.). Are either of these options something you're interested in considering? -

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
fs112

I don't understand why I'm not the account owner though.  My thinking was that since I signed up using the FMCA deal that I was part of a group package hence the "member" status.  I have nobody to contact that could be the account owner. I signed up for the plan and set up an account myself only using the FMCA discount. Not sure what to do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

fs112, we understand that the news of you not being a account owner is coming as a shock to you. In order to get this taken care of you'll need to contact our business support team at 800-922-0204.

0 Likes