Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How Does Safety Mode Work?
Bsktbllcoach

I have a question about the safety Mode.......if I have say 2 gb data left and 5 days and goes over..by activating the safety mode woud I still be charged overage if go over? Why would someone NOT activate safety mode?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Data overage
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you have Safety Mode turned ON (and you do need to turn it on, it's available but OFF by default), it's true you won't get overage charges, and will still be allowed to use data.  However, that data is going to be very slow - and frustrating - and some apps won't work at all.  That option is not acceptable to some, so they will opt for overages, Boost data, or Pop data over Safety mode.

I have Safety Mode on all the time, and will deal with slow speeds if I reach that point (I don't plan to, and have never been charged overages, but you never know....)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you have Safety Mode turned ON (and you do need to turn it on, it's available but OFF by default), it's true you won't get overage charges, and will still be allowed to use data.  However, that data is going to be very slow - and frustrating - and some apps won't work at all.  That option is not acceptable to some, so they will opt for overages, Boost data, or Pop data over Safety mode.

I have Safety Mode on all the time, and will deal with slow speeds if I reach that point (I don't plan to, and have never been charged overages, but you never know....)

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

Just leave safety mode on all the time to protect from overage.  Data will only slow if you use up all your plan data.   SQ gives options if you need fast data after that point, but at least you are in control of when you are charged. 

Re: How Does Safety Mode Work?
ladldh

It did not work for me last week. I ran out of data while out of the house. I could not use google maps to find a location. My phone showed the red border as I had safety mode turned on. I wanted to buy more data to use but could not get a connection to verizon to do that. finally drove to a starbucks to use their wifi. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I would equally be frustrated if I had to drive to Starbucks. I am sorry to hear that it did not work for you. If you ever have an issue with Safety Mode please let us know right away so we can address this for you. Are you still having this issue today? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes