Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How Many Edge Lines per account?
oceanbreeze3615

I have 3 phone lines on my account - 2 phones are on the Edge plan, and 1 phone is on a 2 year agreement.  I'd like to add a tablet on the Edge plan, but am not sure how many Edge devices that I can have on my account at one time.  Any help would be appreciated - thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How Many Edge Lines per account?
MiiHere
Leader

I would suggest doing a 2 year contract on the tablet. They are MUCH cheaper that way and there are zero incentives to doing an Edge with a tablet. With the phones you get a $15 or $25 discount on the line access fee. You still have a $10 line fee for the tablet and end up paying a boatload more on Edge.

But to answer your question, you can have as many as Verizon will allow. I think of in loan/credit terms; for example if my limit was $5000 I could get as many devices as I wanted up until that point. Then once I paid them down or off, I can do it again.

0 Likes
oceanbreeze3615

Good idea - you're right....no real incentive to doing a tablet on Edge now that I think about it.  Thanks for the input.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

No problem. What tablet are you looking at getting?

0 Likes
oceanbreeze3615

I have the original IPad that I got in September 2013 when Dish Network was running a special for new subscribers.  I have an IPhone and really like Apple products, so I was thinking of upgrading to an IPad Air or IPad Air 2.  Just looking at the 2 yr contract for the IPad Air 2 is $529.99, vs. an Edge plan of $26.24.  If I'm thinking about this correctly, if I did this tablet on Edge, I'd end up paying $629.76 over a 24 month period, right?  So in essence, I'm paying about $100 more than I would be if I just went with the 2 yr contract.  I'd also have the $10 line fee per month as well as the Edge payment itself, right?  If so, that would add another $240 onto the price if I did the Edge contract.  Am I looking at this the right way?  Thanks

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

If you commit to a 2-year contract, which means paying the additional $10 a month to add the tablet you can get the iPad Air 2 for $529.99 - that is paid up front.

If you don't want to commit to a 2-year contract you can buy it on the Edge plan that does break up the payments into 24 months and yes, ends up being $629.76. You would still need to leave the tablet connected to services while making Edge payments though. I believe the only way to stop paying the $10 fee would be to pay off the remainder of the Edge plan, which can be done at any point and then you'll no longer be on an Edge contract and could remove the $10.

0 Likes