Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How Slow Will My Line Be After I Use The 22GBs?
DEN_BARB3

On the Unlimited Plan - after the 22GB is used what is the slower speed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: On the Unlimited Plan - after the 22GB is used what is the slower speed?
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You may never experience the lower speed. Once the 22 GB limit is reached, you will simply be de-prioritized if you are on a tower which has more traffic than it can handle. If you are not on such a tower, your speed would not be affected. If you are on such a tower, your access will fall behind other on the same tower which have not reached that level or are not on unlimited data.

The amount of slowdown would depend on the number of people on that tower and could change from moment to moment.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Please read the FAQs. The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You may never experience the lower speed. Once the 22 GB limit is reached, you will simply be de-prioritized if you are on a tower which has more traffic than it can handle. If you are not on such a tower, your speed would not be affected. If you are on such a tower, your access will fall behind other on the same tower which have not reached that level or are not on unlimited data.

The amount of slowdown would depend on the number of people on that tower and could change from moment to moment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am happy to address your concern of the speeds after 22GB. Let me clarify this for you. Most of the time customers will continue to enjoy the same great network experience once they exceed 22 GB on their line during their billing cycle. If you have already used 22 GB on a particular line during your current billing cycle and you are on a cell site that is congested at that moment, your download may be temporarily queued behind other Verizon Wireless customers, which may result in slightly slower download speeds relative to another Verizon Wireless customer's experience on the same cell site at that moment. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Kd86

That's a dang lie. After 22 gb, you barely can go on apps like fb or stream videos from YouTube or even check your weather app. Its garbage. Get regular internet and a different cell company. That's what I'm doing. 

Weth
Sr. Leader

It really does depend on the cell tower you are attaching. I have gone over and when I am in one area, I cannot tell at all, speed is the same. However, when I am in my office area that is busy, I can really see the slow down due to the de-prioritization. This has been shown over and over by many on here and other forums. You are just on a busy tower and you can really see the slowdown once you hit use up your priority LTE data and get de-prioritized. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kd86, we are disheartened to learn that you are trying to leave the Verizon family. This is never what we want our customers to do. No cellular carrier would be able to provide you with unlimited 4G LTE data as these limits are set in place to provide a data network that is not overwhelmed by usage, so we allow our customers to enjoy a streamlined experience. We also understand the importance of being able to use your device as it is intended at all times. What do you normally use your devices for? How long have you been having this issue with going over the 22GB of data? 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
AKAGG3649

Unfortunately Verizon has now found a way to save more money and make more money from the cell phone user by paying to get more premium data over the now limited 22 GB.  It is no longer a UNLIMITED DATA PLAN.  Speeds now drop to 600 Kbps just like the jet pack that is limited to 15 GB before it drops to a useless 600 Kbps.  You want more you pay more its that simple.  They mess you one way or another.  The reason this is happening is because people got smart and started to put up booster antenna's that strengthen the signal from Cellular towers giving you faster download speeds.  Notice Verizon does not sell them nor do any other provider.  They now control that by limited your data rates to 22 GB.  Most people streaming or hot spotting use this up in 2 to 3 days rendering your data plan on the phone useless and force you to use WIFI for data streaming.  This is fact and they can't dispute it.  Best bet is to keep jumping from plan to plan to outsmart them.

KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I appreciate the feedback about our Start Unlimited Plan. Please bear in mind that unlimited data gives access to the network and limit speeds after using 22 GB as shared at this link https://www.verizon.com/about/news/network-management-verizon-unlimited-explained. We do provide this information online as to what to expect about the data speeds. Here's a link that helps with this information https://www.verizon.com/support/start-unlimited-faqs/ . However, if you require faster data speeds, please review this link and select a plan that provides faster network speeds https://www.verizon.com/plans/ . I trust you find this information beneficial. 

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes