Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How can I transfer a verizon prepaid phone to a post paid account?
rjjtraina

I want to purchase a verizon prepaid phone for my 10 yr old granddaughter for  xmas and have it put on my daughters verizon family account. So far I've received 3 different answers from verizon over if , when or how this can be done.

I was told the phone would have to be on the prepaid plan for 12 mos before it could be done. (Verizon store rep)

I was told it would have to be on the plan for 6 months before it could be done. (different Verizon store rep)

I was told it could be done immediately. (Verizon rep phone call) (I had the feeling she really wasn't sure)

New phone is in transit.

Can someone answer this? Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How can I transfer a verizon prepaid phone to a post paid account?
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Read the policy for prepaid phones. Device Unlocking Policy | About Verizon

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Read the policy for prepaid phones. Device Unlocking Policy | About Verizon

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
natashaa_vzw
Verizon Employee

rjjtraina, help is here as you deserve the correct answer from us so that you do know how to proceed wit your daughter's new prepaid device. My apologies as I see you have been given different answers. Ann154 is correct with the link provided as it gives you the time frames of what you can do with either a 3G or 4G device. May I ask, what is the device make/model that you purchased for your daughter? This will be the determining factor of the time frame.

0 Likes
STEHER49

I have the same question and I purchased the Samsung J3.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would love for you to join our Post Paid services Steher49. You can review this http://spr.ly/6581DDUCZ link to provide you the time frame.
Our 3G Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box phones are restricted for use with our Prepaid service for 6 months after activation, and are locked to the Verizon Wireless network for 12 months after activation. After 6 months, the restriction to our Prepaid service is automatically removed. If service is disconnected within the first 6 months, a new 6 month period will begin if the phone is reactivated. If you would like to get started then please contact our Sales team at 888-924-7937. I do hope this allows you to move forward.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes