Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I assign a name to numbers on my bill?
ToddMumford

How do I assign a name to each cell number in my bill?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Name assign
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

After re-reading your post, I thought you also might be talking about how to assign a name to each phone line on your bill.  If that's the question, then again with the desktop version of My Verizon open, look under My Devices and click on a phone line so that it'll appear below that section with various choices next to a picture of the phone.  Click on Edit Device Name (in blue just to the right of the phone number), rename the line/device to your liking, then click Save Changes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

The 'nickname' feature can be finicky sometimes and not work correctly.  So if it doesn't work, try again later.  I recently used it and it seemed to be working fine, for now. 

Using the desktop version of My Verizon, open the call log and click on a phone number.  You should then get a pop-up box where you can enter the nickname.  Once you type in the nickname, click Add.

0 Likes
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

After re-reading your post, I thought you also might be talking about how to assign a name to each phone line on your bill.  If that's the question, then again with the desktop version of My Verizon open, look under My Devices and click on a phone line so that it'll appear below that section with various choices next to a picture of the phone.  Click on Edit Device Name (in blue just to the right of the phone number), rename the line/device to your liking, then click Save Changes.

0 Likes
HankATP

I want to apply a NAME to EACH DIFFERENT phone number on my bill..... NOT RENAME my device.

tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

The answer was provided in a post earlier in the thread, i.e., 

Using the desktop version of My Verizon, open the call log and click on a phone number.  You should then get a pop-up box where you can enter the nickname.  Once you type in the nickname, click Add.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for clarifying, HankATP. I'm happy to help. I would need to access your account details to make this change. Please check your private messages.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: How do I assign a name to numbers on my bill?
Jeff_Grande

I have tried setting the device nickname and it has been set for all devices, but that does not change/update the name that appears on the bill overview page or the PDF bill. Please help me to get this updated correctly.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are here to help get your lines identified. To get started, we will need account access. We will send a Private Note, to continue. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
adelenotthesinger

I am having the same problem.  I had previously assigned a name to each device and my paper bill used to populate that name to each line ; after switching plans 2 months ago, now my bill shows only my name (the owner of the account) for every single line - even though each device still has the correct name I previously assigned to it when I go to my "devices".   I was thinking that perhaps the bill needed one cycle to get back on track to populate the "device" name as each corresponding "plan" name, but this has not happened.  (An agent at Verizon had told me on the phone that the plan names on the bill would be the device names I already had assigned. )  Now each time I look at the charges breakdown I have to write down the name associated with 9 different phone numbers!  (This is not a Caller ID or Name Share question.)  

adelenotthesinger

Please see my response to Jeff_Grande's issue.  I would like help from Verizon in getting the names which are assigned to my 9 devices to again populate to my paper bill to help distinguish each "plan" (9 lines, 9 plans, 9 names).  Thank you.