Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
How do I change my shipping address?
CaliforniaSoul

I have seen countless posts about changing addresses but have not seen one clear cut answer. My billing address is my address back home in CA but I am in GA for school and would prefer to have my phone shipped here instead, for obvious reasons. I only see the option to change my billing address but I don't want to do that, I just simply want to have my phone shipped here instead.

I've read that you can contact FedEx or whoever to have them change the shipping address once the phone is already shipped but that seems like a waste of time when I can just change the shipping address beforehand and avoid having to deal with that.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I change my shipping address?
chass64

Same problem - seems ridiculous that you can't ship to a different address!! I tried to place an order online for an early upgrade, and I got all the way to the checkout screen and can't change my shipping address, despite an "edit" button (you click it and it does nothing). I started a "chat" and the rep told me to ship it to my house and remove the signature requirement - seriously? The recommendation is to leave a $750 phone on my porch all day?

I called to place the order through a rep, and I can't get the same deal - I can't upgrade early without returning my existing phone.

So I'm giving up for today; after an hour and a half one line and then on the phone (across multiple sales reps) I was not able to order a new phone. It should not be this difficult!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

CaliforniaSoul, I can understand wanting to make sure that your new device get's sent to the correct address. Changing the shipipng address can be a little tricky. What device did you order that you were having shipped to you? Please keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Chass64,

I want to ensure that we help get your order sent out to you right away. It is extremely important to us that you receive your order in a secure fashion.  Being able to remove the signature is definitely not an option and we apologize for the misccomunication. We can help you place the order and assist with the address change.  For better assistance with the other please contact us at 1-800-922-0204.

YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
baroukers

I too am living in a different state from my billing address, and can't change that address until we know whether we are permanently moving or not.  I want to upgrade all the phones on my account, because they are all several years out of date, and are beginning to act up.  I tried to change my shipping address, and ran into the same edit button not working problem.  It would let me change the zip code for tax calculation prior to the check out screen, but once the check out screen came up, it immediately went to the payment part, not the shipping part, so I had to scroll up to the shipping part, only to find out I couldn't change it.  I went on live chat with a representative, who suggested I change the service location in my profile.  I did, and the shipping address didn't change.  She suggested I refresh the screen.  I did, and the shipping address didn't change.  She told me to call Customer Service.  But, from all the comments I've seen, calling them does no good whatsoever, because everyone seems to give different answers to the same questions.  I want to check out on-line, because I have an eBates account that I can get cash back with, if my purchase qualifies.  Also, I've noted that on several occasions mentioned in comments on this forum, going through CS on the phone leads to higher prices than those found on-line.  I have been a customer of Verizon since they bought out PrimeCo over 10 years ago, and this is the reward for my loyalty?  Also, looking at maps of coverage, Verizon is the only one that covers everywhere we like to go when we travel.  So, changing to another provider isn't a good choice for us coverage-wise.  I am extremely frustrated, because since the phones are dying, I had to drop my daughter's unlimited data package and go on a Verizon Plan in order to get new phones, and now, I can't even get them sent where I need them to be sent.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Baroukers,
I know this is an urgent matter for and we want to ensure we can help you right away.  If you are unable to change the shipping address on your account, you can reach out to us to make changes to the address.  We do apologize for the inconvenience  you are experiencing at this time.

YareliM_VZW

0 Likes
baroukers

I called customer service a few minutes ago, and after dealing with the very user unfriendly automated vice answering system, I got a customer service rep who wanted to A) temporarily change my billing address so it would ship to where I am (causing problems with the credit card), so I could complete the order on-line, or B) doing the same thing with her completing the order (ditto with the credit card).  She kept telling me I could change the address on-line before order completion, and couldn't understand that no, that cannot be done.  You put in your credit card, hit complete order, and you're stuck.  No chance to change the address anywhere in the process.  Your customer service is lacking.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

baroukers,

Sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you so we can get you situated.

ShirazP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Grilled

This is the most frustrating experience I have ever had, just to place an order.

It took extremely long to figure out, but apparently, at the final order confirmation page before actually submitting the order for the final time, I realized that I had to verify my payment information with the CCV of my credit card on file.  Once I did that, the page allowed me to change the shipping address.... UNTIL!!........

I am trying to upgrade 2 of my phone lines for my parents who have moved to Arizona.  I live in Southern CA, and that's where my billing address is.  I had not yet changed their service address to where they live in Arizona, but I made sure to change that before attempting to place the order.

Even then, any attempt to change the shipping address to my parent's address in Arizona keeps rejecting, giving me errors, saying that Verizon cannot verify the shipping and billing address!!  This is AFTER I got 7 confirmation codes in a row for authentication via text messages in order to change the shipping address.  What MORE does Verizon need from me to actually have my order shipped to the place I want?

Talk to Customer Service you say? I talked to Customer Service, and I talked to the Internet Order Department.  Both claimed the other department has the know how to fix the issue, and kept bouncing me back and forth. It is a HUGE joke that the Online Order Department cannot help with this simple issue, and can only help with address change AFTER placing the order with an incorrect shipping address.  Does that even make sense?

And DON'T even think about using the option to change the shipping address with the shipping carrier.  It is not reliable, may cost extra on your dime to do so, and it is not a guarantee that it may even be doable in the first place.  I want to make my order with a correct shipping address at the time of order.  I DON'T want to place an order with a wrong address on purpose just to bypass this HUGE inconvenience Verizon is putting me and everyone else through.

I have verified my billing address.  I have verified my own identity like 12 times in a row.  I have had to receive spams of authentication codes just to get the ability to type in a different shipping address, only to get errors and have the order page get stuck numerous times.  I have changed my parents' service address under my profile.  I think I have done enough to satisfy Verizon that I am trying to make a legitimate purchase here.

Don't reply with useless automated responses saying the same, helpless information like in this thread.  Give us the actual solution or fix the problem so that we can change the shipping address, if the order is to be sent to an address that is either (a) billing address or (b) one of the service address listed under account profile.

Until then, I am DONE trying to make any more orders with Verizon.  This kind of inconvenience means Verizon is due to lose at least 2 lines in my account to another carrier, possibly even all of it. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Grilled,

Wow! I’m so very sorry that this has been happening while trying to place an order. I would be just as frustrated as you & I’m wanting to help put the brakes on this shipping address problem. This is seriously not the experience we want anyone to have. I have sent you a Private Message so that I can gather much needed information to assist you. Please only respond to me in the Private Message to continue.

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes