Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I change my voicemail to the automated greeting?
Goo74

My voicemail greeting is currently a pre-recorded message but I want to change it to the automated greeting. I had that option when setting voicemail up, but now it’s not an option when I call voicemail. All the system will allow me to do is record a new personal greeting. Any ideas on how I can change that to the automated greeting?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I change my voicemail to the automated greeting?
jav6
MVP
MVP

It might help identifying what make/model phone you have and how you're accessing voicemail.  I have a Droid Turbo 2 and calling voicemail using *86 or 845-613-8700, I can choose Personal Options (4), Record Greetings (3), Personal Greeting (1) and get the options for Standard greeting with telephone number (1) or Standard greeting with name(2).

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Goo74

thanks very much - I have an iPhone 6s. The system allows me to choose Personal Options (4), Greetings (3) but then only offers the option to re-record the personal greeting. I’ve pressed all other keys and was told they were “incorrect keys”.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Goo74

Thank you for that clarification. With an iPhone 6s, you're using Visual Voicemail. You will need to tap the phone icon>Voicemail>Greeting>Select Default to choose no personal greeting.

Click the link below for more Visual Voicemail support on the iPhone 6S:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201436

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DrJND

Not sure whyVerizon made changing to a default greeting a Google search and 30 minutes of trying. Use *86 and see how far you can get. Could be simply programmed directly into your phone, but that would mean an attempt at customer service.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It is frustrating when you have to spend so much time to get a default greeting with a Google search, Dr,JND. Let me get some more details and help with your concerns. What was the city and zip code you were located in when accessing your voicemail? How are you getting to the Google Search when using the *86 feature to access voicemail on our network? Did you physically dial *86? Please give more clear details as to what happens when you access voicemail? 

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes