Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
How do I change phone numbers under usage into names?
RIVERBANK1957

How do I change phone numbers under USAGE  and change them into names instead so I know right away who it is if I do not recognize the number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: names instead of numbers
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you refer to Usage and posted this in the My Verizon space, I'm assuming you're referring to the call log in the Usage section of your My Verizon account?  If so, with the call log visible in the desktop version of My Verizon, click the number you want to change and you should get a pop-up box where you can enter a Nickname.  Enter the name and click Add/Update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Names cannot be displayed because Verizon doesn't know who those numbers belong to.  There is no "Caller ID" type of option to change numbers to names.  You also have your phone's call log in the dialer app that can show you who you have called and who called you if you have their number in your contacts list. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you refer to Usage and posted this in the My Verizon space, I'm assuming you're referring to the call log in the Usage section of your My Verizon account?  If so, with the call log visible in the desktop version of My Verizon, click the number you want to change and you should get a pop-up box where you can enter a Nickname.  Enter the name and click Add/Update.

0 Likes
JEFROT35

Not getting the pop up box

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A recent web site change removed the ability to add/edit nicknames; it's supposed to be changed back next week (several related threads on the forum if you want to do a search).

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes