Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I get a copy of a chat transcript?
GayzeStarr

I had a very long chat with a representative on the 12th of August, 2022. I did copy/paste much of the chat into an Evernote file. That person quoted a specific monthly price for a plan change, and my agreement to make the change was dependent on that price. Now, my account is showing prices that are far more than the agreed-upon amount. I cannot afford these costs. My efforts to communicate the problem to Verizon, so far, has not gotten me any answers or satisfaction. When I asked for a copy of the original chat transcript (there no longer is an option in the chat window to request one), I was first ignored, and then the representative I was speaking to at the time just closed the chat, essentially, "in my face."

The person I was chatting with at the time assured me all of the information including the quoted prices was being recorded in my account, and they were making specific notes to be sure the agreement was honored. 

I want a copy of the official transcript.  How do I go about retrieving one?

0 Likes
Re: How do I get a copy of a chat transcript?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am sorry to hear about the frustration you're having with wanting copy of the chat transcript of your interaction with a chat rep, GayzeStarr. I realize that you're needing assistance and I am here to help. Please send us a private message so we can look into your concerns to have them addressed. 

-Ed

0 Likes
pjb49

I've had the same issue as others.  I had an extensive chat with a Verizon representative and bought a new phone.  I was told that I qualified for a discount, which I am not receiving.  I also was told that if I signed up for Auto-pay, I would get a $10 discount on my monthly bill.  I'm now being told that I don't have the correct plan to qualify for that discount.  I feel very misled by the online rep.  I thought I had saved a copy of the transcript, but evidently I did not.  This has been very disappointing.

pjb49

The representatives use the words "I assure you" quite a bit, but ultimately I'm still misled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We apologize for any confusion regarding the $10.00 Auto Pay Discount. The new Mix and Match Unlimited Plans qualify for the $10.00 Auto Pay + Paper Free Billing Discount. I'm including a link that will provide additional information. https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/

~Vic

0 Likes
GayzeStarr

I've already messaged privately with, and spoken on the phone to, a number of different Verizon employees, and have yet to get a copy of the transcript. The common response to the question appears to be avoidance.

As to the overcharge, I spoke at length with a supervisor named Christine who agreed with me, after looking over the account carefully, that the amount online is a serious overcharge and has to be an error. She did the numbers herself a number of times and never came up with anything even close to what the website is saying my new monthly charges will be. Her thought was that it seems like I'm being charged for both my new plan AND the old plan that was supposed to be canceled. She made numerous notes on my account and if things are not corrected before it's time for Verizon to take out the autopay, I have to call back and speak to them again. 

Christine seemed sincere, sympathetic, and on my side -- I pray that her efforts make a difference.

This is a very disturbing way to treat a customer that has been with the company for close to 30 years.  

0 Likes
GayzeStarr

Updating: It appears that supervisor Christine actually corrected the error. The bill is still higher than quoted but only by a much smaller amount. 

I just want to encourage others who are going through this to speak by phone to Verizon and request a conversation with a supervisor. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

GayzeStarr Thank you for reaching out here on this platform. We don't have a way to get you that transcript as it has to be requested at the end of the chat. However, we are definitely able to look into this for you. We have sent you a private message here on this platform.

-Dolores

0 Likes
Lreneeh27

The option to request a copy of the transcript at the end of a chat is no longer available! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for reaching out to us on Social Media! When it comes to chat logs, the only way to maintain a copy for yourself is to screenshot the chat. We do want to make sure you're getting the help you need! Please, let us know if you have any further questions!

*Chance

0 Likes